Made the decision

dwain

Hi ,

Just a quick introduction as im not sure what to write,

My wife and i have made the decision to immigrate . We are still in the starting blocks but the decision has been made .

Would anybody happen to know what they call Biokinetics in Aus ?

Thanks Dwain

Hi Dwain

Good decision to make - welcome to the forum. Lots of info available but have no idea what they call Bio kinetics there - perhaps it reamins the same.

Brenda

Hi Dwain

According to this website and a few other Australian ones, it's still called biokinetics:

http://www.akakinesiology.org.au/Display.aspx?tabid=41

Also, welcome to the forum. I personally think making the decision and sticking to it is the hardest part, not the application itself.

Goodluck with everything.

Wantbetter

Hi dwain and welcome to the forum.

If you are looking to use your skills as a biokinetisist to get into Aus I think maybe you should look at:anatomist-or-physiologist

I may be wrong, but Biokinetics does not feature on the immi website (so not on the skills list), and I do believe the local biokinetics qualifications cover a lot of sports physiology.

Hope that helps - and Good luck,

Welcome to the stampede, Dwain.

On this website, you'll find one or three other South Africans with the same thing in mind.

They don't wear T-shirts advertising the fact, nor do they tell anyone what they're doing in Life, but they're quietly on their way . . . . . as you'll find.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum and the stampede Dwain. :ilikeit:

Also as you progress with your immigration plans this place will become more and more of a lifeline. The support is fantastic.

All the best with your plans.

Hi Dwain

In Aus a Biokineticist is called an Exercise Physiologist. Registration as an AEP (Accredited Exercise Pysiologist) is through the Australian Association of Exercise and Sport Science (AAESS). Their website is www.aaess.com.au and of you contact them you'll propably speak to Bec. Make sure you fill in the forms they send you as completely as possible, even if you think something is irrelevant. My registration is still pending, the assesment person is on holiday for a week or two.

You made the right choice.

Good luck!

Chris

Welcome Dwain ........ :lol: I visit a bio here ,so it is interesting to know what they are called over there ! :ilikeit:

All the best :blush:

Donné