Taking Medication With

nans

I've searched the site, but can't seem to find a decisive answer on this one.

a. Can I take at least 3 months medication with me?

b. If so, can I take it in my suitcase or must it be in my hand luggage?

c. Does the medication need to be accompanied by a prescription from my doctor?

d. Are there medications that are prohibited in Australia?

:ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Hi - I am sure 3 months will be fine... Just have a note from a Dr or a copy of a script in case you are questioned. I am sure you can pack it in hand luggage - or half and half......

I've searched the site, but can't seem to find a decisive answer on this one.

a. Can I take at least 3 months medication with me?

:ilikeit:B)

We took along medicine in our suitcases. We declared it when we landed, and they just asked us whether it was over-the-counter medicine. They didn't even open the suitcase to have a look at it. If it does require a prescription, just bring that along. We didn't need any, however.

Hi

After consultation with a few doctors herewith what I have established .........

a.Can I take at least 3 months medication with me?

- :P -Yes.

:blink: --It can be in either ,remember in the hold, the bottles sometimes get squashed,due to compression :huh: , - you can avoid this by pricking a hole in the top . :wacko:

:lol: --Yes ,unless available over the counter .

-- :ph34r: Yes especially supplements which are not regulated .You have to have a permit for these .Also narcotic drugs and drugs of dependance are import prohibited.

Hope this helps!

D.

Hi

After consultation with a few doctors herewith what I have established .........

a.Can I take at least 3 months medication with me?

- :blink: -Yes.

:lol: --It can be in either ,remember in the hold, the bottles sometimes get squashed,due to compression :blink: , - you can avoid this by pricking a hole in the top . :whome:

:ilikeit: --Yes ,unless available over the counter .

-- :rolleyes: Yes especially supplements which are not regulated .You have to have a permit for these .Also narcotic drugs and drugs of dependance are import prohibited.

Hope this helps!

D.

Be careful with hand luggage - that 100ml rule is striclty applied, and you'll lose it all.

Hi B ,

I presume you are talking about liquids not tablets ?

D.

xx

Medication

Prescription medicine and non-prescription medicine is permitted provided the passenger can demonstrate a bona fide need for these items

Reasonable amounts of non-prescription medication required for the length of the flight are permitted.

All medication and baby products may be subject to additional security checks.

Be careful with hand luggage - that 100ml rule is striclty applied, and you'll lose it all.

We brought a lot of medicines over (prescribed and over the counter). To be save I asked my GP to write a prescription for everything, and I packed some in the hand luggage and some in the suitcases. We declared them, and they also didn't bother even looking at what it was. Some bottles defnitely contained more than 100ml, those I put in the suitcases.

I think I brought too much. My daughter used to get tonsillitis every now and again and I brought a lot of different painmeds (including suppositories) as we usually struggle to keep her fever down. 5 months here and I haven't used any of that yet. Did use the Panado suryp, Calpol and cold meds though. She refuses to drink the Panadol one gets over here, so I don't know what I'm going to do once what I brought is all finished.