BUTCHER

SHAUN / ANITA

Hi,

My husband, Shaun, is a Butcher and has been in the Trade for 18 years and we are looking for sponsorship to live and work in Australia. If there is anyone who can help, please let me know.

Thanks,

Anita

Hi,

My husband, Shaun, is a Butcher and has been in the Trade for 18 years and we are looking for sponsorship to live and work in Australia. If there is anyone who can help, please let me know.

Thanks,

Anita

Hi Anita,

Try the Woolworths website in the careers section.Woolworths is the biggest supermarket chain here in Australia and often advertise in the newspapers for butchers.

Good Luck.

Hi Anita

Go to the yellow pages in Aus and look up Butchers nad fax your hubbys cv to as many as possible, this works alot of the times. If possible, plan a trip to Aus and go pay them a visit , thigns change if they see you face to face. While you are on the yellow pages look up the IGA in citi beach in perth , Western Australia. Ask for George , i know some time ago they were desparatley seeking a butcher.

Hi,

Thanks,

Anita

Hi Anita

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/ Sorry if I put the full website but google here has .com.au and allows you to limit to australia

There is an abattior in QLD called Borthwich and sons. When we were in Mackay they were on the news becuase they sponsored about 25 butchers.

I think they did it again becuase most of them were "stolen by a place in Rockhampton". I will warn you that they dont pay the best which is why they lost workers. They also have made it harder for people to leave once on contract. I have searched and cannot find them. I will look a bit more. Alljobs.com.au seems to search all the job websites so try this.

I had another look and ound this on whitepages.com.au

Borthwick Thomas & Sons (Australia) Pty Ltd

(07) 4952 8888

Mackay

Main St

Bakers Creek QLD 4740

0427 521 377

Livestock Manager (John Norris)

(07) 4946 7144

Cannonvale Depot

Edited by LeeInOz

Anita and Shaun!

If Shaun is a fully qualified butcher, then Australia is looking for blokes like him, as long as he's still under 45 years of age.

You can get a 175 skilled, permanent residence visa based on your age, skill level and health, etc. but you need at least 120 points to get this sort of visa.

If you're struggling to get as many points as this, you can think about being "sponsored" by a close relative living in Australia, a company or a State in Australia that needs your skills. You only need 100 points to get this sort visa. It's a 176 Sponsored Skilled permanent residence visa. With this sort of visa, you are tied to a company or a State which sponsors you.

If you get a company to sponsor you, there is a legal requirement to work for them for at least two years (I think). If you don't like working with the people or the company, you have to find another company to carry on sponsoring you, with all the legal responsibilities that entails. It can be a problem if you don't get on with the company or the other workers there.

You can also get sponsored by a State in Australia. There are six States and two territories making up Australia.

My home state of South Australia is sponsoring Butchers to migrate to Australia. You can get the State government of South Australia to sponsor you for the first two years, letting you choose to work anywhere you like, coming and going in the workforce as you please as long as you live and work for the first couple of years within South Australia. Adelaide is the capital city of South Australia and you can live and work anywhere in the State, including the city of Adelaide.

Not every State sponsoring migrants to Australia allows you to live and work in the capital city or other big cities within their State. South Australia does allow you that option.

Getting sponsored by a State government gives you more flexibility in where you live and work and who you work for. If you don't like working at one butcher, try working at the one down the road . . . no big deal!

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/index.php