Problem with my profile...

KirstyP

Question

hi guys! not sure if I am missing something, if I am not an advanced member or something, but I am not able to change any profile details (upload pic, etc). The message that pops up says I have limitted access?

Please help.....

14 answers to this question

I have tried asking for help for the last 2 months now, but not had any luck either.

Hope you are more successful.

KirstyP, I have asked Riekie/Hendie to have a look, I am sure she will get back to you.

Biker, I have referred this thread to Riekie/Hendie, if I remember you could not send a PM, I hope that it will be seen to now!

KirstyP, I don't know why you can not access your profile - everything is fine on our side. Log out & back in and try again. You seem to be able to use your PM function - PM me if you're still experiencing problems so we can try to sort them out.

I did respond to Biker via Email & referred the matter on to Hendie. As explained, Hendie was away on holiday and only recently returned, so we should give him time to catch up.

Note to all: When ppl are experiencing technical problems, the immediate response seem to be that the host team have something to do with it. With the exception of Hendie, the rest of us have limited technical know-how and can not always solve everyone's technical queries, thus the delay in sometimes getting things sorted out. Often, the "problems" have nothing to do with our system, but originates from the members' side (i.e. firewall, incorrect passwords etc.) We're doing our best to help - please be patient when things don't happen overnight.

Riekie, I know you tried to help.

I just gave up in the end.... I'll just have to ignore that functionality. :ilikeit:

Hi Guys! Thanks for the help.

I am not near my pc which has the pic I want to upload. When I am I will try and will let you know how it goes.

ps - does this have anything to do with the fact that when I power up pc and open saaustralia page it is not a "new" updated page but the last one I was on? I have to push "refresh" to get the latest page. This also happens when I then open a thread. It goes to the date of the thread as I last saw it (sometimes weeks ago) and I also have to push "refresh"...

not sure if this is making sense :)

Yes, you do make sense. And it might have something to do with that. You need to "clear the cache", to help it forget the previous stuff. Are you using IE or Firefox?

I am not sure - will ask hubby when he comes to bed and get back to you.

Thanks for jumping in Avida - I am not at all technical and appreciate the efforts of fellow forumites to try & resolve these kind of problems. :ilikeit:

KirstyP, I hope that solves your problem - if not, let me know. I don't understand about the "new updated page" as I have SaAustralia as my home page and it opens up every day without any problems, and still look the same as always. I've had another person Emailing me with a similar problem (the home page causing problems and looking different) and the jury is still out on that one too.... :ilikeit: Could you have updated your PC software or virus programs recently? About the profile photo : I know there's a size limitation to photos, so it might be necessary to re-size it a bit before trying to post it. If you can not get it right, Email it to me: riekie at saaustralia dot org and I'll try to add it to your profile for you.

Biker, I'll send Hendie another PM to ask him about your PM funtion. (Does it give you any specific message when you try to use it? You might have given me that info, but for the sake of the techies out there who might be able to jump in to assist, maybe you could post the error message here).

Are any more forumites getting this "new page" message when they open Saaustralia? Or having problems uploading pictures to their profiles? Anyone managed to get that resolved?

A few more ppl have Emailed me with similar problems so I've asked Hendie to have an urgent look. Hang in there.....

Ok, we might be closer to an answer, so I'll try it to see if it helps. (Still waiting for Hendie who's on leave as far as I understand, but some of the hosts gave me a few tips which I'm going to give a go - please hang in there : I'm trying to burn the stick both ends...) :o

Some people lost their PM privileges due to various circumstances such as abuse and they know who they are, ;) but for the rest, I hope to be able to get things going again soon!! :)

Could you email the people who's 'privileges' have been removed... as, if I am one of them, I've never had a warning, a PM nor an email advising me of the circumstances leading to such action.

My email address is carrie@sa2oz.org

If not, please will you also look into my situation... as I am not even able to access my own profile to change my picture, to amend my signature or to change my contact email address.

I understand that there are a number of people in the same situation as myself... a reply would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

I just assumed that because I'm also on another forum I've been black listed.

Riekie, thanks for your efforts, but I'm not too concerned about functionality any more.

I'm now just using the forum for info and will only post under extreme circumstances to avoid people trying to contact me or contributing further.

In the words of our beloved country - there is NO crisis. Sie-rie-jas ;-)