On arrival Accommodation

Just B

A question for those who used the SA governments short term accommodation. If you are arriving in Adelaide at night are you able to collect the keys, or is it better to book a hotel for the first night?

Any info appreciated

Just B

Hi Just B

We had on arrival meet and greet :rolleyes: . Also arrange by the goverment. We arrived at night, A person met us at the airport with all the revelant details plus the keys for the accomodation, took us to the flat and came back the next day to help us get settled with what ever else we needed, note there is no linen, pillows :ilikeit: , but everything else was provided :hug: . If I remember correctly there was an application form avaliable on the web.

Hope this helps

Hi Just B

We had on arrival meet and greet :rolleyes: . Also arrange by the goverment. We arrived at night, A person met us at the airport with all the revelant details plus the keys for the accomodation, took us to the flat and came back the next day to help us get settled with what ever else we needed, note there is no linen, pillows :ilikeit: , but everything else was provided :hug: . If I remember correctly there was an application form avaliable on the web.

Hope this helps

Hi

I am also contemplating on using this service. Please can you tell me when to apply for this service. Is the accommodation they provide livable and what is provided in the accommodation. This will assist me in packing stuff when we arrive

kind regards

Zarina

Hi all

We arrived at night as well and the person who met and greeted us at the airport had all the keys and paperwork for the unit. He then took us shopping (it was Thursday so the shops were open late) and came back the next day to go through things like bank accounts, tac file numbers, Medicare etc.

Zarina, the accommodation is livable and clean, but very basic. They provide furniture and cooking utensils, a fridge, microwave, washing machine and stove. It will provide the bare minimum and give you a good basis to start off which is very cheap and can be vacated at short notice. It is for the "beggars can't be choosers" among us :thumbdown:

How long would one be able to stay in this accommodation ? Do they set a time limit ? I would imagine that the idea would be to find your own rental asap ?

Hi Just B

We had on arrival meet and greet :whome: . Also arrange by the goverment. We arrived at night, A person met us at the airport with all the revelant details plus the keys for the accomodation, took us to the flat and came back the next day to help us get settled with what ever else we needed, note there is no linen, pillows ;) , but everything else was provided :D . If I remember correctly there was an application form avaliable on the web.

Hope this helps

Thanks Mark and Annette,

I was thinking of hiring a car, but maybe I should opt for the meet and greet to make thing easier. I have the forms from the SA government. Now it's just a question of getting the visa and booking. Any day now.

Annette,

We also bought very nice sleeping bags (sub 10 degC) - which we use on trips now, they will come in very handy the first night and particularly in the cool Adelaide evenings.

Hi

I am also contemplating on using this service. Please can you tell me when to apply for this service. Is the accommodation they provide livable and what is provided in the accommodation. This will assist me in packing stuff when we arrive

kind regards

Zarina

Check out the attached sheet for the link (CONTACT) to the service for South Australia

Meet_and_Greet.doc

Edited by Just B

You can stay in the accommodation for a total of 12 weeks. You should allow about 6 weeks before arrival to apply for it. It is very popular. You can apply as soon as you have your visa and your arrival date.

Hi there,

Marius, could you mabe pin this for future reference?

Thanks Annette, JustB, Zarina, Numbawun, simplymark ! Info much appreciated !

Regards,

Neville