Toddler Sleep issues

Sandi

Hi Sandi - its a teething powder that I mentioned... and I see you are already using something for your little ones gums. To up the intake of protein give protein rich foods like mince made with beans, lentils, and other legumes. Add seeds to her yogurt or cereal. At 14 months you could add peanutbutter to plain yogurt and honey for a snack.

If you want a complete list PM me and I will dig it up for you.

KP

Edited by KirstyP

I'm not sure about the waking up for the bottle thing. It makes sense and is logical to me, but our daughter might sleep through for a week without any bottles at night, then have a "bad" night or two when she will drink 1-2 bottles. When she has like 3 I know she's ill. I agree with Eva, whatever works for you is best. I can't do the sleeping in our bed. I get kicked in the ribs, slapped through the face and end up sleeping nothing and waking up more tired than if I had to get up a few times at night, but we will occasionally do it.

Oh, now that ours is nearly two she wets herself at night sometimes. I don't know about angels (she's a girl, so has no "you-know-what"), but sometimes her vest is wet and we just change her and she's fine. The last week or two she woke up with mosquoto bites on her face, so they bite her at night and we realised that is why she had a bad night. She also tossed and turned and talked in her sleep when she first started daycare in Aus (she goes only twice a week), but now that she is used to it, she's fine.

So, there are loads of things that can cause this. I can't function without good sleep, so I hope and pray that the second will be just as good as the first.

My daughter usually doesn't sleep well when she is teething. You don't even have to go the Stopayne route. What about a bit of Paracetamol syrup before bedtime? It's not as strong as Stopayne, but that even helps them settle. How late does she go to sleep? Is she really tired enough to sleep? In other words she wakes up because she has taken a "nap" rather than sleeping for the night. Does she sleep a lot during the day? Since being in Aus our little one goes to bed perhaps as much as 2 hours later in the evenings than in SA, but I know she will have a good solid nights' sleep and we are on only one nap during the day, not 2 anymore. You can't expect her to have a nap say at 4/5 pm and then has to go to bed at 7pm (example only).

They also get nightmares. When our daughter says she wants to sleep with us when she wakes up in the night I always tell her that we have to all sleep in our own beds. It's like she really understands. She likes to put tons of teddies in her bed. We also still give her bottles during the night as she require as this is her method of soothing herself to sleep. We have the odd bad night too, but most of the time she sleeps well.

Good luck, it's hard and they are all different!

Also Stopayne can cause constipation, so if you are worried about any digestive problem it may aggravate the situation rather than help solve it...