What about our pups

JacquesV

Hi all Oz SA's

My hubby and i have a bit of a dilemma at the mo. We really want to move but we soooooo worried about our babies (pups). We have two kids, one is a Labrador "Oreo" (yes, like the biscut) and the other a Rough Collie, like Lassie named "Gino" (yes, like the ice cream), Natz grins :lol: , what makes you think we love our food... Any who!!! :D Just wanted to know if anyone out there has had this dilemma as well.

We not sure about the quarantien situation, and we really really really worried about putting them there cuz we scared that the people will abuse them, just cant live with myself if that happens. We really want them to come with us cuz they like our children, but we not sure if its even possible.

Also we looking at moving to Brisbane, any thoughts as to whether its a good move or not?

Tks so much for sharing your experiences with us, it makes things soooo much easier for us wanna be Ozzies!!! :P

Chat soon

Natz :blush:

Hi Natz,

We are in the same situation, but we’ve decided to rather take our “children” (2 Yorkshire Terriers) than our furniture.

I went to visit Dedrei’s dogs when they were still in South Africa at Keringa and I was very pleased to see how they handle the animals. They are brilliant!!!

Dedrei will obviously be able to comment on the Quarantine in Sydney and I know that Riekie went to visit them there.

I suggest you go and visit Keringa to put you mind at ease.

Good luck and have a great long weekend!

Pippa

Hey there

I would definitely take my babies rather than my furniture, and yes they will be home in about 5 weeks time. :ilikeit:

You really don't have to worry about quarantine, I know it seems daunting but they do really look good after your animals. My two are in Sydney now, and I would suggest that you get someone to walk your babies once/twice a week if your are unable to or live too far away like me. My two are doing so well that they are actually picking up some weight. :o I was so scared they were gonna lose some weight that I actually fattened them up before they were sent off to Keringa in Joburg. So you can imagine that these two are on strict diets when they are back home :lol:

I have had a slight hiccup with my female in Sydney, she was just bit stressed out, but all is fine, they ring you up if something is wrong and get the vet out same day to check up on them. Within days she was better, still don't know what was the cause, but she just got some xtra luving and hugs and she's all better and still picking up weight, so that's good.

Here are some more topics on same issue and costs relating thereto. Some of the useful info might be on the last few posts, so try to read the whole thread.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=212&hl=

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=1205&hl=

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=747&hl=

post-2-1159067044.jpg

You guys mustn't worry about the quarantine situation - we brought our precious baby, Sadie (Jack Russell) from the UK, and she was stationed at the Sydney Q station (coz no place at Perth's) for a month - and we phoned every single day :ilikeit: to find out how's she doing, and they were truly wonderful! When we picked her up at Perth's airport, besides looking a bit yellow around the gills frm the flight, she was in perfect health. We're talking about a dog that is terribly spoilt, sleeps in my bed, and very, very attached to me. The people at the Q station were just wonderful. :lol:

Hi Dedrei - your "babies" are sooo cute!

What type of dogs are they - and is that a puppy or fully grown?

Sharksfan :ilikeit:

Hi All

Thanks so much for your kind contribution to our dilemma, we feel sooooo much better about doing the move and now know that the whole quarantine thing is not as bad as one imagines.

Dedrei, your two babies are so adorable, im sure you looking sooo forward to seeing them. They look so playfull and happy pups. Im sure you counting the days - just a month to go.

We been looking at which area to move to and just wanted to ask if you guys have any input regarding the matter. Heres what we looking for - Im studying at university and need to live close enough to a university to continue my degree, my hubby can work just about anywhere, but he jus Loooooves Kite Surfing so being by the beach is a definate MUST. We been looking on the net a bit and saw that Townsville and Brighton in (i think) brisbane is quite the place to be cuz it offers solutions to both our needs, what is it like there?

Tks and look after your babies (pups)

Love

Natz and J x

Hey there guys, Gold Coast (just south of brisbane) is definitely for you. My hubby does kitesurfing as well and yeah we've been down there 2months or so ago, and totally loved it. I believe Griffith University is closeby as well. Just a personal choice, we have been to Townsville and didn't like it at all. Coming from Cape Town as well I think you'll love Gold Coast. :ilikeit::lol: Look into it as well.

Queensland girl might be able to give you more ideas as she lives in Gold Coast and knows the area pretty well.