Cape Town coffee club September 2008

Firstworld_girl

Natalie and I are in. If I could make a suggestion how about meeting somewhere in town?

Hi Jacques and Natalie

would you guys help by "organising" it...e.g. the venue, date, time and keep track of the amount of people?

Child friendly - mmm etc etc etc

is end of Sept too soon? or may be first weekend in October?

I'm game for somewhere in town, I know there was one in Durbanville earlier this year

Antoinette

we are 2 adults + 1 2.5 y old - he can always go and stay at Ouma's house

HI Fellow-Capetonians,

We'd be keen to attend a coffee club. We are 2 adults and 2 kids aged 6yrs & 3yrs. We don't have babysitters so a kid-friendly environment would really be great, also a great way for our kids to meet other kids that are also moving to Aus, which is super positive (especially for our 6yr old daughter).

I can help with the organising if it's needed, just let me know by PM.

your pal, Mel

post-5933-1221297416.gif

Hey Everyone.

2 more adults, 1 x almost 5 year old and 1 x 2 year old to be added to the list please!!

Where is good for a bigish meet up in town? I'm in the SS and can think of a few places here.

Let me know if I can help

Tracey

Hi Jacques and Natalie

would you guys help by "organising" it...e.g. the venue, date, time and keep track of the amount of people?

Child friendly - mmm etc etc etc

is end of Sept too soon? or may be first weekend in October?

I'm game for somewhere in town, I know there was one in Durbanville earlier this year

Antoinette

we are 2 adults + 1 2.5 y old - he can always go and stay at Ouma's house

Hi there,

Sorry I've been a little quiet the past few days. Been a little busy.

I'm willing to help "oraganize" :) a get together but as we don't have kids I'm not that in touch with my parenting side :ilikeit: (yet) so will need some help/advice on venues.

Personally it would suit us better if it were towards the end of September or early October as well as my wife (Natalie) is starting her prepping for her finals. But in saying that we're more than willing to fit in to the general consensus.

I guess meeting indoors or in a mall will be a little awkward with so many people and little tots. Any suggestions on more spacious (entertaining for the little ones) venues?

Ciao ciao

Jacques

Gt idea.

We are 2 adults and 2 kids (5yr and 3yr) so we also would prefer a kid friendly place but will fit in with whatever is arranged.

Hi guys

What about one of the Garden Centres? for a midmorning/ mid afternoon coffee?

Stodels/ Stark Ayrs (?spelling just of Liesbeek Park )/one of the ones in Table View/Parklands

Ons Huisie - Blaauwbergstrand

? Kirstenbosch

If we lived in Australia we could've gone to the Gardens :ilikeit: but I suppose security is a risk thre

Another option "Place of Play" POP at Canal Walk - it's one of those play places for kids- with a coffee shop for parents. ...Might work if we have sunshine. :blink: what's that again?

been living in Cape Town for 3.5 years and I still can't find places that I would have used in Gauteng!

To me it was just so straight forward there. :whome:

What about 12/13 October?

Thanks a mil Jacques

Antoinette

Edited by Firstworld_girl

Hi - can I suggest Saturday morning 27th Sept? I live in the S/S so could suggest The Barnyard if the weather's good ?? or Kistenbosch gardens - where there's lots of space for the kids ( we also have 2 kids , 8yrs and 5yrs ) :unsure:

Seems like an excellent idea!

Hi, we are 2 adults and 2 children (10 and 8). Would love to come. The few options I can come up with are (weather permitting): Cape Garden Centre, Stodals or Mega Mica (Willobridge) - this is a nice place to eat something and the kids can play in the garden. If it is indoors - any restaurant with a play area.

Regards

Hi everybody!

Moved to Melbourne in March this year and coming to Cape Town for a holiday and a wedding in October!

Would love to meet up with everybody and maybe giving some feedback on oz and answer any questions you might have to the best of my ability! I've only been here 6 months!

I arrive in CT on the 1st of October and depart again on the 30th.

Let me know what the plans are and will try to be there!

Cheers

Carla

Hi there!

We would also love to come, two adults and one 2 year-old!

I would suggest sometime in October, as Carla28, a friend of mine (we actually met at one of the Cape Town coffee clubs!), would like to attend, and she can give some advice to those who need it, or just to chat with her about life in general in Oz, would be nice for some, I'm sure!

Maybe something indoors will be better, given the real Cape Town weather we are having these days!

Cheers!

Tania

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All Cape Townians

Have you guys had the Sept/Oct "party" yet?

I havent kept up with the forum for a while - let me know how it went or if it is still to happen then what date- thanks

:lol:

Cheers

Has a date been set or am I blind ? Would love to meet up with fellow "getting the hell out of here" Capetonians ! :whome:

Hey guys, So sorry I've been quite. Things have been insane at home and the office.

There's a lovely restaurant in Parklands called Driftwood . They have both indoor and large outdoor seating. For the kids there's a Jumping castle on the grass as well as a large pond with ducks and geese. The feathered friends walk amongst the talbes and can be fed by the littles ones as well.

The food is very good.

Have a look at their site and let me know what you think. Seeing as I've been so slack as to suggest a date could I recommend the weekend of the 11th / 12th October?

Let me know if you would prefer another venue.

Ciao

J

Hi everyone,

For those that are interested we're going to be meeting at Driftwood at 10:30am on Sunday 12th October.

Please PM me if you're interested in joining and indicate a head count.

Cheers

Jacques

Hi everyone,

For those that are interested we're going to be meeting at Driftwood at 10:30am on Sunday 12th October.

Please PM me if you're interested in joining and indicate a head count.

Cheers

Jacques

Hi guys,

Please PM me by the latest today if you're going to attend.

Cheers

J

Hi Firstworld_girl,

It was great meeting you and your family yesterday! We had a good time and really enjoyed the company.

It's always refreshing to get other peoples perspective on their current emigration/application experience. It gives one hope when we think the going is tough for us alone. In the end I'm confident we'll all succeed and can't wait for the day we climb on that plane to start a new chapter in our lives.

We should definitely make this a regular thing.

Ciao ciao

J