Excited to have found this!

Laura-Michelle

Hi there! Our little family (consisting of myself, Laura-Michelle, my hubbie Bryn and our little 18month old Ethan) have been here for a rollercoaster ride 6 or so weeks! We are so excited to have come across this website and cant wait to meet some of you who live close by!

We stay in Kellyville, NSW (West of Sydney)

Laura-Michelle Hallpost-12199-1221105799.jpg

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the forum: your son is very beautiful! Mine is about the same age.

You will find loads of support and guidance on the forum. As you are already on the other side - please share your experiences thus far for people who are still in SA.

Al

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the forum: your son is very beautiful! Mine is about the same age.

You will find loads of support and guidance on the forum. As you are already on the other side - please share your experiences thus far for people who are still in SA.

Al

Hi Al & Wendy

Thanks for the welcome!

We will definetely do so. We have learnt so much in the last 6 weeks and have a lot of "dos" and "donts" to share as I see many have posted theirs also...

This is great for those still in SA as the advice and support can make the transition a lot easier.

We are looking forward to joining the socials and meeting people - we are getting a bit tired of our own company as you can imagine! LOL! LOL! (no offence, love)

Our highlight this week was receiving our container and packing out yesterday. I took the day off work and although it was hard work getting everything packed out in 1 day, it was well worth it!

My first tidbit of advice is - if you can - bring your stuff - we dont think of ourselves as sentimental people, but surprisingly had a warm and fuzzy feeling when we sat back last night, enjoying the site of our unit filled with our own furniture... ; )

If I could do it over, I would bring more - especially all my wicker lampshades, baskets and place mats & unsealed rocking chair - it seems customs is not as strict as the moving companies make them out to be - they appear to be quite reasonable if the goods are bought items and in a clean condition.

Chat soon again!

Laura, feel free to join the ladies lounge for a bit of chat ! Dont worry guys we dont talk about you at all :)

Hi there

Welcome to the forum :)

Enjoy, and best of luck with settling in! I'm sure you'll meet great people soon,

Leigh

Hi and a big welcome to the forum !

IMHO This place is definately a lifeline to alot of us. So please share. I appreciate all the advice received here.

Take care.

"Hi and Welcome"!!

We are also from Centurion :ilikeit:

How long did your container take from South Africa to arrive at home in Oz????

What did Customs check and how was your stuff handled by the removal company here in SA???

Please share all your "knowledge" with our "wannabees"!! :blush:

We haven't done the packing thing yet and will only get our stuff shipped off towards the end of the year. From my perspective the give-away that the shipping companies haven't quite got it together is that every removals firm has a different list and viewpoint as to what is allowed and what is not.

Its amazing from this forum as to what is actually allowed through Oz customs that many shipping forms regard as no-no's! Looks like: when in doubt - pack.

Thanks to all those who have arrived and have commented on the forum thus far.

Mark

Welcome to the forum !!! Please share your experiences- we are moving only 2010 but my sister lives in Kellyville - has for 7 years or so-

"Hi and Welcome"!!

We are also from Centurion :whome:

How long did your container take from South Africa to arrive at home in Oz????

What did Customs check and how was your stuff handled by the removal company here in SA???

Please share all your "knowledge" with our "wannabees"!! :unsure:

Hi Suzette!

The whole process took 9 weeks (door to door) Strangely enough, the only box opened was the clothes box, and the cardboard of our diningroom set was slightly torn so they could see the state of the wood. Thats about it. Apparently we could have taken our wicker products if shop bought, although it wouldve been checked by customs first.

I have so much to say about our experience thus far, I think I should write an article, NO, a book!! he!he! Im sure everyone feels the same way... ; ) Feel free to ask any question - Im sure you have many (we did)

Laura-Michelle

PS: We stayed near the Reds Mall in Centurion, you guys?

Dear Laura Michelle

Welcome to the forum.

Regards

Enrica

Thanks Enrica!

Laura, feel free to join the ladies lounge for a bit of chat ! Dont worry guys we dont talk about you at all :thumbdown:

Hi Allisson! How do I get access to the Ladies Lounge, it appears to be a private lounge now? ; ) :thumbdown:

Hello...im also rather new...seems like this is THE place to get all the info you need! :)

Yip and if you are still in SA, even better, you can have a couple of friends here by the time you arrive!!; )

Hi There

Welcome to the forum - good to have you with us.

We are busy chewing our nails waiting for a job offer from a company in Bella Vista so will be looking in the Hills area for houses if we get it. Would be so nice to know someone there!! I have two daughters, one is almost 5 and the other 2 1/2.

Tracey