Book Market, Fed Square

polly

There is a book market every Saturday in Federation Square. This month they will be showing Roald Dahl movies for the kids. Thought parents might be interested.

http://www.fedsquare.com.au/index.cfm?pageID=322

September 13th: James and the Giant Peach

September 20th: The Witches

The viewing starts at 11 am.

This looks great! I wish i was there to attend. I am such a book addict. Cant tell you how many boxes i am dragging with me in the container! Yes, i know that they have books in Melbourne! I just get emotionally attached!

For those in JHB - the Hosipce book shop in Houghton has great books - wide selection at a very low cost. Support a good cause at your own benefit.

Thanks

Al

Don't worry, Al, you don't want to know how many we are bringing with. My excuse was always that I was collecting a future library for the kids since libraries in Gauteng were so bad. Don't know what my excuse will be now :lol:

The book fair is every Saturday, so when you come... :wacko:

I will look you up on arrival for some book shopping. Hubby always laughs at me: some women have shoe obsessions: Me i would never pay a couple of hundred rands for a pair of shoes. But Books? R400 on one book easily and i will feel fine! He watches me lug bags of second hand books from every second hand book store in town and just sighs. I also tell myself it is for the kids! I once came home with over 30 books in one day from the hospice shop - does this mean i am an addict? :)

I was smitten when i heard that Melbourne is the book capital of Oz. (Yes, i was a school librarian, thanks for asking!)

Al

I actually studied Information Science (library), but quit when I found there wasn't work in SA.... Adore books, hubby also sighs, but at least he has the same taste in books as me :);) I have 4 pairs of shoes for the record :):P (1 boots, 1 takkies, 1 sandles, 1 winter heels)

I think the two of us on a shopping spree might just be our husbands' worst nightmare! :D :D Wish I had know about the hospice shop!

Edited by polly