TAKE OR LEAVE FURNITURE

STIENA

Hi Guys , :ph34r:

Thanks again for advice ...Thereare 4 of us in our family - hubby,me,daughter 16 ,son 13.... ( I also have 2 sons living in Melbourne -they share a house and have pretty much everything they need :blink: ) I think I will sellselllsell..... :P .We will be moving into a much smaller place and I really don't want to pay storage for stuff I will never have space for ! So I will have to pare down untill everything fits in a 40ft container ! Unfortunately before I knew all this stuff I bought new beds for eveyone ..thinking it would be easier /cheaper than over there ! Ah well live and learn ...

Donné :lol:

xx

• 4 weeks later...

Once can rent all the household items that you need while you wait for your container. We have rented all the big basics. e.g. fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, beds etc. I must say I would have shipped less stuff if i knew what I know now. The houses here are considerably smaller, the erf sizes as well. and not many houses have double garages. If you are going to rent initially, then chances are the storage space in the house is minimal. Many houses don't have built in cupboards in all the bedrooms.

I definitely would have looked at what household stuff hardly gets used and left it behind. We won't fit all our stuff in the house that we are renting and will have to figure out how to store until we buy and house. And then it's still no guarantee that we will have space for all our stuff.