Unabridged Birth Certificate

clair_m

Hi everyone,

I am a South African citizen, currently in Australia, and am getting ready to make an application for a permanent resident visa.

So I need to obtain Unabridged Birth Certificates for me, my mother and my brother (for a sponsored visa).

I found out that it would take 6-9 months if I apply from here but 6-8 weeks if you apply in South Africa.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you need to apply for these in person? My mother is still in Durban and it would be a lot easier if she could apply and we didn't need to pick them up in person?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Clair

Clair

Get your mom to look up some of those private passport companies (I know in PMB they are in the same building as Home Affairs) - but I don't know about Durbs?.

You have to pay more but it is so much quicker. My father managed to get my hubby's and mine while we were still in the UK.

Good luck with it.

Hi everyone,

I am a South African citizen, currently in Australia, and am getting ready to make an application for a permanent resident visa.

So I need to obtain Unabridged Birth Certificates for me, my mother and my brother (for a sponsored visa).

I found out that it would take 6-9 months if I apply from here but 6-8 weeks if you apply in South Africa.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you need to apply for these in person? My mother is still in Durban and it would be a lot easier if she could apply and we didn't need to pick them up in person?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Clair

Hi Clair

Contact Passport People in Durban. The contact details are

as follows:

031-3093985

031-3093469

They do applications for birth certificates as well. Your mum

can contact them and they will do all the necessary and

as soon they receive it your mum can collect.

GOOD LUCK

MURLEY

There is a very good place called Bunnyhop documents, based in Pinetown that do all sorts of home affairs stuff at reasonable rates and very good fast service. I used them for unabridged certs, we had it is 3 weeks, all done by e-mail and fax and delivered to my house in Australia, no worries :ilikeit: .

Their details:

Haydee Miles ( there are several other very good ladies )

Registered Immigration Practitioner (AIPSA 2004/02/0166)

Bunny Hop Documents

P.O Box 639

New Germany

Tel: (031) 705-1189

Fax: (031) 705-1036

Mobile: 082 923 5599

www.bunnyhop.co.za

Give them a call or e-mail, they are good.

Hi

I stuck it very lucky, I got hold of the phone number of the "head office" and managed to get mine in .... seriously no lies 3 days

When I submitted my application at the home affairs I asked if there was a way to expedite the whole process and clearly there is.

I called and spoke to Obert and Frans - on 012 810 8441, 012 810 8256

Be paitient, they do eventually answer the phone.

Just sound desperate enough and be courteous :)

Good luck