Soda stream machines

AllisonW

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if the soda stream machines that we use in SA are also used to Oz? Can one buy the canisters of gas and syrup there or should we just ditch it? I use mine a lot so am hoping we can take it alone.

Thanks

Allison

I have seen the machines in Perth (Big W) and some of the hardware stores have the refills.

If you have difficulty I can advise where to obtain refills /exchanges.

Good luck with the move.

Regards

Sullies

Allson

Yes, you get it here, and you can bring yours with. You get the syrups at Coles and the refills aswell. I use mine also and it is 'n RSA brand.

L'mari

Allson

Yes, you get it here, and you can bring yours with. You get the syrups at Coles and the refills aswell. I use mine also and it is 'n RSA brand.

L'mari

Thanks Lmari. They are a childhood necessity and i would miss mine terribly if i had to leave it behind. We had a old beige one when i was a kid and i got a new one when my kids were born. It is great and as i drink soda water by the gallon i use it alot. Hubby always complains when i buy bottled soda water - never fails to point out to me that it is just fizzy tap water!

Thanks again,

Al

Thanks San, i didnt know that at all. Sorry in light of that information, it kind of makes sense! :)

I was also interested in this as we are also packing ours soon.

We were told that we could not take any gas cylinders, so I would imagine that we would have to leave the refills behind???

• 5 weeks later...
As far as I know Soda Stream is actually an Australian product, would have been very surprised if it wasn't available.

We brought a Soda Club machine with us from RSA. Looks the same as a Soda stream but the gas bottle has a differnt fitting. I am trying to find out if I can bet it changed by the agents in Melbourne.

I bought a Soda stream here (same bottles for water). Gas is available at K Mart and Woolworths.

The one I have says it is made in Israel. The website says it is a UK invention

Here is the Aus supplier store locator

http://www.sodastream.com.au/retail/storelocator.asp

Edited by LeeInOz

We brought a Soda Club machine with us from RSA. Looks the same as a Soda stream but the gas bottle has a differnt fitting. I am trying to find out if I can bet it changed by the agents in Melbourne.

I bought a Soda stream here (same bottles for water). Gas is available at K Mart and Woolworths.

The one I have says it is made in Israel. The website says it is a UK invention

Mmm, this has got me wondering now. I was planning on taking ours too (a UK one) and am now unsure as to whether the bottle fitting will be the same if I buy the gas bottles in Aus? I am wondering if it is worth it now or whether to just buy another one in Aus?