Selection criteria

blessings

Has anyone of you applied for a job where you need to write selection criteria?? This is all new to me :ilikeit: Please explain, alternatively a link where I can get more info.

Many positions over here, especially with government departments ask candidates to address key selection criteria.

Basically what they give you is 5 to 6 key points from the advertised position, and you need to address each one

giving examples of how/when/where you have met these criteria in other positions, and your suitability to performing

them in the advertised position. These are important, as they usually determine which candidates are most suitable for

shortlisting for interview.

WE also call it th eJob & Person specifications

In general, make sure that you understand each criteria, and then use them to sort-of project yourself into the position against the background of your skills, experience and knowledge.

Hope this helps, give a Hoy if yuou need more info.

Dax

Thanks Sa2Uk2Oz and Dax!

I'll definately push on your button when it comes to that point! Tnx a mill!!

There is a trick to doing these - you have to follow a "formula" and you can read more about this here:

http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications07/crac...efactsheet5.htm

Another good resource is a book called "How to Address Selection Criteria" by Dr Ann D. Villiers.

I have drafted more answers to selection criteria than I can poke a stick at - here in Canberra most of the public service jobs applications have selection criteria. :ilikeit: It is a drag, but the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Many positions over here, especially with government departments ask candidates to address key selection criteria.

Basically what they give you is 5 to 6 key points from the advertised position, and you need to address each one

giving examples of how/when/where you have met these criteria in other positions, and your suitability to performing

them in the advertised position. These are important, as they usually determine which candidates are most suitable for

shortlisting for interview.

Spot on.

Selection Criteria is becoming very popular with job advertisers these days, and fast is becoming the "Australian Way" of narrowing down candidates . Especially in the HR fields, and in Government positions.