Also New!!

mom of 3

Hi

We are new to the forum! Glad we found a SA Forum at last! Been reading the british one and boy can they gripe!!

We are looking at moving to North Lakes Queensland with our 3 daughters aged 8; 4 and 1 1/2.

Got an agent, done the IELTS test, got the unabridged birth certificates, working again after a "SHORT" break so need to get my skills up again! So all we got to do now is send in all the paperwork and wait, applying for a 175 Visa.

Well thats about all I have on us!

Joanne :ilikeit:

Hi Joanne

Welcome to the Forum. I was in Brisbane in February and we went to have a look at North Lakes - what a fantastic little village - im sure you and your family will be extremely happy there.

Hi Joanne

This is the best so far.

Good luck with all the paper work, you have got to gget copy after copy after copy, We are also using a agent, We are at TRA(trades) stage, got everything else just medicals and police and, hey its a long list have you seen the sobona mag, it has the 100 steps to a happy landing. If you dont have a map yet you can check out schmap for details and places to see, eat, shop.......

Good luck

Hi there

Thanks for the info. Going on an LSD trip in Dec school Holidays! Can't wait counting the days!!

Got friends in Sydney, so we will stay with them for a few days, then off to queensland for a wonderful trip! Got it all planned out. We looking at leaving in 2010! Hopefully before but set out goal as then so as to avoid dissapointment!

Joanne

Welcome to the forum, Joanne!!! <_<

Hope you will find the forum that helpful source and friendly companion along the way!

From starting to gather documentation to arriving here took me about 21 months, (also 175) so just give that little step each day and before you know it, you will be here! :)

Welcome to the forum Joanne.

Best of luck with all your plans - hope it all goes smoothly for your family!

Leigh

• 3 weeks later...

Joanne

Baie welkiom op die forum ek hoop dinge werk vir julle mooi volgens plan.

Sterkte Urs

G'day, Joanne!

What sort of job are you planning to do on applying to come into Australia?

The permanent visa is a good way to go . . . especially if you have three kids in tow, because you'll get all the benefits that the Australian gov't throws at mums to help out with the day to day expenses of having kids.

You'll be able to tap into some of these benefits straight away when you land.

I think you'll like Queensland. It's a favourite part of Australia, even for us Aussies.

Get that application form in a.s.a.p. so that the clock starts ticking sooner rather than later and make sure all your paperwork is current so that when the Australian gov't asks for it, you can send it on without delay.

Good luck!

Hi

I am a Nursing Sister, so will obviously be looking for great shifts in a hospital! Especially with the kids a day shift would be the way to go, but will cross that bridge when we get to it! Going on an LSD in Dec, will most prob be flying with a few of you!! We are just waiting on a reference from my previous charge sister which has taken 5months to obtain, and of course I need to get the work experience in again! :unsure: Not having worked for a while to be a stay at home mom counts badly against one when you are applying to get a 175!! :blush:

So that's my story!! We will be seeing our agent in the next few weeks to give him all our doc's and IELTS so at least we got that done!!

Joanne :ilikeit:

Hi Joanne

Good choice in North Lakes. Mostly new houses, great walking paths and playgrounds, good schools and big shopping centre. Also very close to the motorway to Brissie and the Sunshine Coast. Let me know if you need more info.