VITAL GUIDE TO SABC TV PRONUNCIATION

Eva

Having watched SABC News for a while I can’t help but notice it needs some kind of translation… bearing this in mind… I present you with :

Beck - not the front

Beds - doves, vultures, etc.

Ben - to set alight

Cut - a small vehicle drawn by a donkey

Errors - districts, e.g. “Ebbon errors†(urban areas)

Farra – The man that is married to your Marra

Feather - implies distance - Cape Town is feather than Johannesburg

Fok – pronged cutlery, often used with a knife.

Guddin - around your house, where you grow plunts

Get - a hinged opening in a fence

Hair - as opposed to him

Hiss - masculine form of hairs

Itch - as in “itch and aviary pairsinâ€

Kennel - Army officer

Len - to acquire knowledge

Marra – The Woman that is married to your Farra

Mills – Food - what the Poh Pee-Pull have to some how go without.

Pee-Pull - Die Mense / people

Poh Pee-Pull - Die Mense / people who are financially challenged

Phlegm - the hot part at the end of a candle

Piss - symbolised by white doves

Suffa-Ring - as in “the pee-pull are suffa-ringâ€

Parrot Teksi - not a mamba of the teksi assoseshen

Soaka – A sport, often played between Kaiser Chiefs and Pirates.

Texis – Mini Bus capable of conveyeying entire Civilizations from point to point.

Toks – Negotiations

Weaner - the weaner takes all

Wekkas - they do the wek

Weld - The Earth

Wok – what you must learn to do before you can run.

:ilikeit::holy::):ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Eva

That is excellent. LOL. Funny how quickly I had forgotten this but you brought it all back. Only now it doesn't irritate me. I can laugh. Easy to do so when you are on the other side of the world!

JulieK

On NBC (Namibia) they once referred to Queen Elizabeth the Eleventh, and the "duck" of Edinburough. Not to mention fok petches at the coust (part of the whether fokkas) and Sam nujoma telling us "we will plant joghurt trees in the desert"....

And my favourite: electricity is pronounced as "electry - seaty", as if it was some city somewhere...

Eish

;):D:ilikeit:

There is a downside to this though. Have you noticed that we often speak like that?

How often do we say - eish!, or greet someone with - 'hola hola', and I overheard my son greet a friend with - 'howzit my bra!' Suppose that's to be expected with all the cultures intermingling, but do we have to pick up the accent as well?

If we pronounce the word incorrectly, we will most definately not spell it correctly either. Teachers often complain about this as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Having watched SABC News for a while I can’t help but notice it needs some kind of translation… bearing this in mind… I present you with :

Beck - not the front

Beds - doves, vultures, etc.

Ben - to set alight

Cut - a small vehicle drawn by a donkey

Errors - districts, e.g. “Ebbon errors†(urban areas)

Farra – The man that is married to your Marra

Feather - implies distance - Cape Town is feather than Johannesburg

Fok – pronged cutlery, often used with a knife.

Guddin - around your house, where you grow plunts

Get - a hinged opening in a fence

Hair - as opposed to him

Hiss - masculine form of hairs

Itch - as in “itch and aviary pairsinâ€

Kennel - Army officer

Len - to acquire knowledge

Marra – The Woman that is married to your Farra

Mills – Food - what the Poh Pee-Pull have to some how go without.

Pee-Pull - Die Mense / people

Poh Pee-Pull - Die Mense / people who are financially challenged

Phlegm - the hot part at the end of a candle

Piss - symbolised by white doves

Suffa-Ring - as in “the pee-pull are suffa-ringâ€

Parrot Teksi - not a mamba of the teksi assoseshen

Soaka – A sport, often played between Kaiser Chiefs and Pirates.

Texis – Mini Bus capable of conveyeying entire Civilizations from point to point.

Toks – Negotiations

Weaner - the weaner takes all

Wekkas - they do the wek

Weld - The Earth

Wok – what you must learn to do before you can run.

:thumbdown::rolleyes::ilikeit::ilikeit::lol:

It is a shame and pity that you as a spiritual person who knows better finds humour in belittling your fellow country men at their expense of not talking the way you think they should. Racist attitudes like the one you display (and yes a joke is joke and I have an incredible sense of humour) wont get you into Aus or anywhere and I wonder what your God thinks of you in the way you portray your racism at your fellow man man o man I hope never meet you in Aus .

Edited by peace

Peace, this was a JOKE that I received by e-mail, and thought would be amusing for people to read, and yes it is based on reality. You really need to get over yourself, as every post I have read of yours is aggressive and argumentative. I don't know how far down the road you are in this process, but there is far too much stress and too many real issues to deal with than being petty on the forum. I don't know you and you don't know me, so let it go....

Eva

EDITED TO SAY: It's so easy Peace, to go in and edit what you said after the fact, pity I didn't include your first post above before the edited version! Sure there was nothing about you having a sense of humour the first time round as well as a few other alterations, childish to respond I know, but couldn't resist. Anyway, go in PEACE....

Edited by Eva

WOW PEACE!!

I do feel you have over-reacted here. This is light-hearted fun and should be taken as such. Life is far too short to be so serious now......

Besides...This is what most of us feel and we shoyuld be able to admit it..............Why else are we here on this forum anyhow????

Peace, this was a JOKE that I received by e-mail, and thought would be amusing for people to read, and yes it is based on reality. You really need to get over yourself, as every post I have read of yours is aggressive and argumentative. I don't know how far down the road you are in this process, but there is far too much stress and too many real issues to deal with than being petty on the forum. I don't know you and you don't know me, so let it go....

Eva

You are Christian . so racist jokes are funny? this is exactly why Aus dislike SA's with this kind of attitude its joke its sick you still LIVE IN SA perhaps YOU NEED TO get a reality check !.

Edited by peace

Peace - i think you need some serious help...... Don't waste time on here... You have more important problems to deal with.

Goodbye!

WOW PEACE!!

I do feel you have over-reacted here. This is light-hearted fun and should be taken as such. Life is far too short to be so serious now......

Besides...This is what most of us feel and we shoyuld be able to admit it..............Why else are we here on this forum anyhow????

to primarlily get immigration advice? ...

Peace - i think you need some serious help...... Don't waste time on here... You have more important problems to deal with.

Goodbye!

hey dont you tell me whether or not I can post you not a mod. so bugger off!!!

Good Idea Eva.... Off you go Peace and complain....

Bye now!!!

ok now see its the lets back each up..oh btw I am Aussie hehehe last laugh is on me hey shame its want you want come get it.shame even with pr it will take you at least 4 yrs toget it shame hey :blink:

You must be planted here to try and put everyone OFF getting it....... Good on you mate!!!!

YUp you got it I planted myself to keep racists out of Aus.. gee you win the boobie prize what do you think duh?

It's only a joke!!! Everyone in SA talks like that and pronounces words in a funny way! If we cant laugh at ourselves then what are we here for!!! Calm down....puuuh...leeez!