Short term accomodation - AGAIN

Pieter en Lindie

Hi to all,

After a long and exhausting wait for our 475 visa to arrive, it eventually did and now we do not know whether we are coming or going. Removal company is booked, flights are semi-booked etc. The sad part of all is that I will be coming over by myself either on the 23rd or 29th of September and the wife and kids will only follow end of November.

Housing South Australia has sent an e-mail that all the state supplied houses are fully booked because of a sudden influx of migrants. That leaves me with no place to stay when I arrive. I have looked at caravan parks, motels, hotels etc. All very expensive, cause we are going into high season I suppose.

Does any of you nice people know of a 1 or 2 bedroom appartment or anything, not too far from the city that might be available. I would really appreciate any ideas or suggetions.

When is the next Adelaide get together??? Hope to see some of you soon.

Regards

Pieter

Hi to all,

After a long and exhausting wait for our 475 visa to arrive, it eventually did and now we do not know whether we are coming or going. Removal company is booked, flights are semi-booked etc. The sad part of all is that I will be coming over by myself either on the 23rd or 29th of September and the wife and kids will only follow end of November.

Housing South Australia has sent an e-mail that all the state supplied houses are fully booked because of a sudden influx of migrants. That leaves me with no place to stay when I arrive. I have looked at caravan parks, motels, hotels etc. All very expensive, cause we are going into high season I suppose.

Does any of you nice people know of a 1 or 2 bedroom appartment or anything, not too far from the city that might be available. I would really appreciate any ideas or suggetions.

When is the next Adelaide get together??? Hope to see some of you soon.

Regards

Hi Pieter en Lindie

Ons is bly om van julle te hoor! Ons kan ongelukkig nie help met jou vraag nie, maar wou net se baie sterkte en hoop jy kom reg.

Het jy al werk gekry of moet jy nog gaan aansoek doen?

Goed gaan met julle.

Marius en Euneze

Hi Pieter

The South Australian Country Women's Association Inc, located at 30 Dequetteville Terrace, Kent Town,SA,5067, phone 09 61 8 8332 4152 and fax 09 61 8364 3050(opposite the eastern parkland's, about 1 Km from the CBD) provide accommodation for individuals and/or families at reasonable rates.

Tariffs start as low as $53 per person per per day (using communal bathroom facilities. Tariff includes "continental" breakfast. Accommodation with en suite bathroom facilities cost a little more - $67 to $70 per person per day. They also have family accommodation (for four) with en suite bathroom facilities. Children under 12 pay $14 per day. Two sitting rooms with TV and kitchen and laundry available.

We have inspected the premises (one of our candidates stayed there) and it is not bad. Visit their website at http://users.picknowl.com.au/~sacwa/index.html and click on Adelaide Accommodation or http://users.picknowl.com.au/~sacwa/page4.html. If you have a problem just use Google.

May be another option for when you first arrive.

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT