Arriving Syndey 30 September

origincanada

Hi

Been member a while now but first post. I am arriving in Sydney 30 September to start work 6 October. Gave myself a week to try get my bearings. Coming on 457 visa. Will be based in Sydney and the company is in area of North Ryde. I have NEVER been to Aus before but have lived in Canada for 2 years a few years back so have a little idea pehaps what is in store for me.

Also I do not know a single person in Sydney so would really appreciate advice on where/how to meet fellow South Africans (probably this topic is covered elsewhere on this site so if u could point me in right direction)

Any other sydney people please let me know if you have any advice.

Looking forward to arriving there.

Regards

Clinton

Edited by origincanada

Sorry my spelling was awful...... topic was Sydney not Syndey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Clinton

My hubby will be arriving in Sydney in Oct. What is your profession and where will you be looking to settle?

regards

karen

Edited by ta'mossie

Hey Clinton

My hubby will be arriving in Sydney in Oct. What is your profession and where will you be looking to settle?

regards

karen

Hi Karen

I am in IT. SAP consultant. I will want to try stay as close to my office as possible around North Ryde I guess. I do have a relocation company who is going to help me find accomodation which should help.

Regards

Clinton

Also I do not know a single person in Sydney so would really appreciate advice on where/how to meet fellow South Africans

what's your age group mate?

I can hook you up with about 60 Saffers between the ages of 25 and 35 over here.

Most are married/single without children.

Clinton. I am part of SB's 60 odd people. Feel free to drop me a PM. Always up for a beer, once you've arrived. Shout if I can help! J

Thanks for replies guys/girls.

I am 35 so sounds just about right.

I will definately PM when I get there.

Cheers

Clinton