New Member - will need alot of advice

SA Hopeful

Hi there all,

We are new to the forum, and wow we cannot believe how helpful everyone is and all the good advice and topics.

My husband and I are wanting to move to oz, and were hoping to get employment sponsorship. Is there anyone out there who can help with advice. We have been on a few job websites but all want residency - so therefore we don't apply. My husband is a qualified Electrician. We are wanting to settle in Perth - and I know that when we get there my husband will have to write more exams to get their qualifications - another question, does anyone know if he can write those exams here in SA as this will make him more marketable when apply for jobs.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks

SA Hopeful :unsure:

Search for "sponsor electrician" on www.seek.com.au - there's 5 x vacancies currently being advertised by sponsoring companies, none of it in Perth though.

Hi Hopeful

Welcome tot he forum!

Even if the job ad says you must be in Aus, just apply anyway. Everyone does that and many , many people have got jobs like this.

Have you applied for all your docs? You'll need unabridged birth certificates as well us unabridged marriage cert. Your passports must be valid for 2 years from date of application, so update them if you need to.

You'll also need good, detailed work references, so start gathering those, if you don't already have them.

Anything else - just ask!

Leigh

Electrical registration exams are done through Energy Safety. You have to be in WA and do them at a TAFE.

Here is their website: http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/EnergySafety/

And contact details: http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/Corporate/About...nformation.html

It is better to phone them than emailing them

Cheer

Gerhard

Hey there

Don't be too deterred by the fact that the adverts say Australian visas required etc. My husband and I are over 45 and had to get a sponsorship in order to get over and when I started applying I only applied for the few that offered sponsorship.... not many of those believe me. Then I got hold of one of the companies and they told me to disregard the fact that they ask for you to be be able to work in Aus.... I felt like I was lying, but just applied for every position my husband was able to fill. It was 2 months to the day since we decided to go that he received a job offer. He has not even been interviewed, but it is a large company that he has had dealing with in South Africa and we assume that must be the reason why.... one of the companies that contacted him said that 2 of their employees had seen his photo (I had inserted this on his cv) and recognised him straight away. They had worked with him. We are now on our way to Perth.... as long as all goes to plan.... just never give up.

Hey there

Don't be too deterred by the fact that the adverts say Australian visas required etc. My husband and I are over 45 and had to get a sponsorship in order to get over and when I started applying I only applied for the few that offered sponsorship.... not many of those believe me. Then I got hold of one of the companies and they told me to disregard the fact that they ask for you to be be able to work in Aus.... I felt like I was lying, but just applied for every position my husband was able to fill. It was 2 months to the day since we decided to go that he received a job offer. He has not even been interviewed, but it is a large company that he has had dealing with in South Africa and we assume that must be the reason why.... one of the companies that contacted him said that 2 of their employees had seen his photo (I had inserted this on his cv) and recognised him straight away. They had worked with him. We are now on our way to Perth.... as long as all goes to plan.... just never give up.

Thank you so much, it is always so good to hear positive stories.

All the best with your move .... and dont forget to keep us posted.