LCD AND PLASMA TV REPAIRS

KathyW

Hi Perthonians,

I want to prove a point here but not want to win an argument.........

I know of someone who fixes Plasma/LCD TV Screens and depending on age and make of TV will fixes all TV's as well.

He worked for a high regarded Company in South Africa for 23 years and have immigrated to Perth on a PR Visa.

He has found it difficult to settle down "job wise" because of not finding the right Company to be with and has now got the jitters to go back to SA because it is not working in Australia.

I have assured him that if he started his own business and especially since his SA friends in Perth no him very well then I was sure he would find it much better to work for himself and settle better.

I know of and heard of people paying a fortune at some of these TV repair places because "new immigrants from SA have the money",......

Point is.... if I had to advertise his name and number on the SA Forum for all the new people coming to Perth and existing ex Saffa's, do you think this would help.

I just wanted to know how you guys felt, if this sort of service would be of help and if he is an Ex Saffa would you prefer to let him fix the Tv's?

Thanks for giving me your ideas and help

Cheers

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I'll probably use a Saffer rather than some Aussie company if I'm aware of their existence, but then, a TV breakdown is not like toilet paper which you buy every time you go to the shop because you use it everyday. But it might help in spreading the word.

See ya

AA

Hi AA,

Thanks for your input, I am trying to get the ball rolling for him because I just cannot see him giving up and going back.

So spread the word my friend and pm if you want any further details on contacting the guy.

Cheers

Kathy

Kathy

You know my sentiments already.

I have a TV with a built in VCR thats the VCR is not working , and a DVD player where the VCR is not working......Little Kids fingers what can I say. I really need to get them repaired. Do you know someone.?

He should keep his day job and do private jobs from home after hours and on the week-end until he gets busier.

But any way, you should make this a poll!!!

Cheers

Enrica

Edited by Enrica

Kathy

He should keep his day job and do private jobs from home after hours and on the week-end until he gets busier.

Cheers

Enrica

Agree here. Built it up on the side, or unless he is able to buy an already established workshop.

Hi Enrica,

I will pm you his name and number and you can contact him.

He has agreed to stick to his job, headache and all and just do private jobs from home.

It's not only TV's he fixes anyway, DVD's, in fact any electrical appliances.

For the new people arriving still he can do your conversions as well for you.

Cheers

Kathy

Hi Ek is hier in Auckland. Vandat ons hier is probeer ek soveel moontlik die Saffies ondersteun in hul besigheid. Dit is goed vir beide partye.

Ek sou ook sê doen dit eers deeltyds. Dit is moeilik aan die begin maar hou net aan. Terug gaan moet nie eers 'n opsie wees nie. Wens hier was so iemand hier in Auckland. Sterkte ou maat dink groot mik hoog.

Hentie