Homeopathy

Dirk and Mandy

Hi guys! :rolleyes:

I guess my question/s are directed to someone who is practising homeopathy within their home over in Australia ...

We have two daughters aged 9 and 7. Since their birth we have exclusively used homeopathy in our home. Part of our decision was not to have either one of them immunised. Both have always been incredibly healthy, and have never had an antibiotic in their lives!

My question is this: Do any of you know if the schools over in Australia (we are looking at settling in Adelaide) get very sticky on the immunisation issue? Over in SA, our homeopath has always just given me a letter stating that the girls have not been immunized and that they are under the care of a homeopath which i have passed onto their school. This has always been more than acceptable for not only the school, but the Department of Education as well.

Did any of you use homeopathy in South Africa, and how does it compare to homeopathy over in Australia? Does anyone know of a good homeopath in the Adelaide area?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Homoeopathic remedies are available at some pharmacies and there seem to be a fair number of practising homeopaths throughout Australia.

I did a search and came up with the following link On-line homoeopathy suppliers

I see weleda is on the list among many others.

As far as schools go, I took my daughters immunisation card but they weren't particularly interested in it.

If you are coming over on a pr visa and intend applying for Medicare, you will find that the government does push immunisation programs, however you can apply for a conscientious objection form hereDepartment of health and ageing so I don't think there will be any issues at school

Hope this helps.

Andrea