Medicals?

Guest colton

We seem to be back on track and DIMIA have now requested us to go for our medicals. I have two questions that are a little confusing for me....

1. Who pays for the medicals on a 457 visa? Is it the company or do we foot the bills ourself and then claim

back from tax?

2. When you have two visa applications in, how do you do one set of medicals? We have a ref. no for our 457

and another ref. for our 136. We are going for the medicals on friday and our agent has asked to put in a

note with our 457 medicals stating we also have a 136 awaiting medicals. Obviously we will go for the full

medicals.

Thanks, it gets confusing at times. :blink:

Hi colton,

I don't know about Q 2, but on Q 1, we paid cash for the medicals, and then claimed it back form hubby's employer when we got here. I suppose it is something you have to sort out with your employer. As I gather, on 457, the employer pays for the medicals. You might want to ask your doctor to fill out two sets of forms, for a reduced rate, for your seperate visa applications. Depends on your doctor????? Ask him/her.

Good luck and greetings,

Dreamy