PC's on the plane

Chris&Natasha

Hi All

I was asked by my 14 y/old son if he could take his PC as hand luggage ? As he will not be able to live without his gaming PC. So I was wondering if you had a LCD sceen and disabled the whole PC (not taking the case) and pack all parts over 3 bags or so ?

Will the airport have issues ? (just now they think its a bomb :) )

Any idea ?

Anyone done it ?

We took the lappies and the pc hdd's and they had no worries with those.

So i dont see any problems with that!

no problems to do this, they just ask you to switch off on take off and landing...lots of people and children were using them/playing games. we were with singapore airlines, they have lots of games on teihr systme though, and so many movies, tv stations, radios and cds...i made up my own cd to listen to from the music they have on their system, really up to date music as well as lots of oldies, so i listened to this cd, i think it had 60 songs on it the whole way...could play games at the same time so it was great.

Hi.

Do I understand correctly, it's not a laptop you want to take on but a desktop pc? If so how will you power it?

But perhaps I misunderstood? Laptops get taken on planes all the time, in fact I would guess that very very few are ever checked in.

I don't think they want to use it on the plane, they want to be able to use it when the get to Aus, not have to wait for the container. I don't see there being any problem with it.

Hi All

I was asked by my 14 y/old son if he could take his PC as hand luggage ? As he will not be able to live without his gaming PC. So I was wondering if you had a LCD sceen and disabled the whole PC (not taking the case) and pack all parts over 3 bags or so ?

Will the airport have issues ? (just now they think its a bomb :ilikeit: )

Any idea ?

Anyone done it ?

Airports are ok with you taking the case as is, no need to dismantle it into its parts. Just be aware that it will be your sons hand luggage allowance on it's own. The large case will be scanned through security like a laptop would. - It does also pay to confirm with you airline prior to departure that it is 100% ok.

I would recommend selling your LCD sceen here and purchasing a new one there; Actually I would recommend selling the whole machine here (keeping a backup of the data on an external hard drive) and getting a new machine there. But that is a discussion between you and your son.

Edited by MichaelG

Hi.

Do I understand correctly, it's not a laptop you want to take on but a desktop pc? If so how will you power it?

But perhaps I misunderstood? Laptops get taken on planes all the time, in fact I would guess that very very few are ever checked in.

Yes the Desktop PC

I don't think they want to use it on the plane, they want to be able to use it when the get to Aus, not have to wait for the container. I don't see there being any problem with it.

Hope you are right ...

Airports are ok with you taking the case as is, no need to dismantle it into its parts. Just be aware that it will be your sons hand luggage allowance on it's own. The large case will be scanned through security like a laptop would. - It does also pay to confirm with you airline prior to departure that it is 100% ok.

I would recommend selling your LCD sceen here and purchasing a new one there; Actually I would recommend selling the whole machine here (keeping a backup of the data on an external hard drive) and getting a new machine there. But that is a discussion between you and your son.

Great thanks ... yes we don't want to wait for the container. We just bought new PC's and they are very powerful ... And bought straight from the supplier, will loose to much if I had to sell now.

Thanks for the replies

Chris