How ya going?

dsb

Hi All,

How fantastic is Perth? I'm gob-smacked. A paradigm shift in what we believe to be good living. Wow, if Perth is said to be the ugly part of Aus, I'm in for many suprises.

Anyway, nobody ever mentioned that jet-lag has such an effect. My sleeping patterns are all scewed. 02H45 and I cant sleep - AGAIN! Landed on Tuesday morning after a sleepless flight. At 03H30 on Wednesday I was walking along the swan river! (A pelican gave me a HUGE fright, but that's just bomb-shock from back home). I hope this sleping issue is resolved by Monday, when I start working, 'cos I'm not firing on all cylinders right now.

Dave

:rolleyes:

Hehe, Dave, man you are in for many surprises still, this is definitely the 'good' country! That jetlag is a strife, hope you get over it soon.

Hello Dave

I am about to move from WA to Queensland and sat and thought about all the places we have visited in Perth and Albany and it hit me how beautiful it really is.

Take the ferry across the river and visit the zoo- drive to Freemantle-one of the most gorgeous places, Margaret River,Kings Park and how clean is Perth CBD itself.

Albany has so many secret coves and hidden beaches, the wind farm is magnificent, I could go on and on, lucky man you have so much to discover and yes the jet lag will leave you.

Yep, some people consider Perth to be the pimple on Australia's backside,I prefer to look at it as a beauty spot!

Enjoy

Guest Bronwyn

Dave you can go and get 'Melatonin' from pharmacies (I got it in SA but I think its also available here). It is supposed to re-regulate your sleep patterns. Maybe you can get it for the weekend, it should help. However I believe by Monday you will be in the swing of things again. Good luck with work and enjoy the experience. :rolleyes:

Bronwyn

Welcome to Perth Dave :ilikeit: Glad to hear that you are enjoying everything so far!

Regarding the jetlag, try to be outdoors and get as much sun as possible, hopefully you will be feeling better by Monday.

Cheers

Sue

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, it took time but am thankfully now functioning normally.

It's all good!

Congrats on landing safely and surviving the jet lag! Having travelled before i am not looking forward to it! And this time i will be doing it with jet lagged kids!!!!! Hell! We are off to Melbourne but have close friends in Perth and hope to visit soon. Will look out for the kamakazi pelicans! LOL

Good luck for your next couple of days!

Anyway, nobody ever mentioned that jet-lag has such an effect.

You have never flown all the way to New Zealand have you? :D