PR - difference between employee sponsor and 136?

Miss Piggy

Kan iemand moontlik vir my stap vir stap verduidelik wat die verskil is ts 136 visa en die PR visa as die werkgewer in Aus jou sponsor. Wat ek wel weet is dat jy op 136 uit Aus moet gaan om dit te aktiveer en jy is nie gebind tot jou werkgewer nie. Vir hoe lank moet jy basies "terug werk" indien Aus werkgewer jou sponsor? Lyk my ook mens wag lank vir 136 vis om goedgekeur te word (so 9 maande) - hoe lank wag mens vir PR gesponsor deur werkgewer? My werkgewer is bereid om my te sponsor, maar eers as ek 'n jaar daar gewerk het - enige rede hiervoor?

Ons wil PR ASAP kry en top oor watter opsie om te vat. Enige info sal baie waardeer word. Thx B)

Hi Helga

Not 100% sure what all the differences between these two visa classes are but you have the gist of it anyway. Friends of ours got their ENS Sponsored PR within 5 weeks of lodging their application but I am sure this varies from office to office and time of year etc. I personally think it is a much better way of applying for and obtaining PR as your lodgement costs etc are generally lower and the amount of documentation you need to submit much less than in the case of 136 visa application. It is generally an employer's prerogative to decide if and whether they want to sponsor your PR - although they legally have to do so after you have worked for them for 2 years, otherwise they need to motivate why they do not want to employ you or someone else permanently in that role. Some employers agree to do it soon after someone has started with the company, others only after a year of 18 months and others will not even consider before the 2 year period. It also cost them some money and they obviously want to ensure that they making an investment.

Generally you can be "locked" in to work for 2 years for the employer that sponsored you but again legally you can probably get around this as well. One eg is when you relocate from one state to another or your position becomes redundant etc - in these circumstances you are freed from this working back obligation.

But at the end it also comes down to whether you qualify to be sponsored for PR through the ENS visa and generally these are DIMIA's guidelines:

- You must:

- have been working in Australia in the occupation for which you are nominated for 2 years prior to applying for your visa (including at least 12 months with your nominated employer); or

- have qualifications assessed as equivalent to the Australian standard by the appropriate assessment body in Australia and unless there are exceptional circumstances, have 3 years post-qualification experience in the occupation; or

-be nominated for a position which attracts a base salary of more than $ 151 500 (excl super and other allowances)

Hoop die inligting help 'n bietjie

Groete

Rialet

Dnakie Rialet. Lyk my 136 is die pad wat ons gaan volg, ek werk nou eers vir 'n paar maande in Aus. Nou is dit net om al die papierwerk agter mekaar te kry! :)