SA Laptop > Oz plug fittings for Charger

2un@

Have the large 3 pin S.A plug on my LG laptop charger.

Does there exist an Australia plug adapter for those SA 3 pin plugs?

If so where did you get it from please?

Does the JHB Airport have em?

I got one from the AA shop in Eastgate.

Yes, they do exist. You could get them from most travel shops. Game also stocks quite a range of travel adaptors.

I'd be surprised if the Airport didn't have them (in the travel shops) but I would maybe suggest not leaving it till you get to the airport - say for example - if they're out of stock on that particular day you could be stuck without one and have to fly.

Failing that, you could get a cable over here for the same model of laptop with an Australian plug. We lost our (Dell) laptop charger on our travels and we just bought a new charger on Ebay in Aus. I'm sure you'll be able to do the same iin the worst case scenario - if they carry the same model over here in Aus.

Got one at game

needed to get 2 adapters tho

1 x SA female to UK male

1 x multi male that will plug in Aus socket + accept's a the UK male plugged into the back of it

Thanks everyone

They sell the adaptors at both Jhb Airport as well as the airports in Australia - we got given a cellphone in Australia by my brother and when we arrived at the airport in Brisbane to return to SA, we bought the adaptor from a little shop there. But you can buy them at Hirsch or Game as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hubby got frustrated here in Aus and cut of his plug and put on an Aussie one. Works like a charm (though the guys at work are really worried that is will explode ;))