hi hi hi

bernz777

Hello everyone

Just firstly have to congratualate everyone for this gr8 forum. it has helped me alot, so let me introduce myself,

Firstly my Boyfriend is a qualified boilermaker, he is 26, i am almost finished with my degree in a bcom international trade & marketing, currently working as a HR Manager. i am 24. we are trying to go over with a 457 visa, so its just the job hunting that is so frustrating, if anyone has some ideas, links or tips please let me know.

well we are writing our IELTS tests on the 6 Sep, at the Language Lab, we are both afrikaans, ???? have passports, and still have to get all the other Jazz,

so if anyone has some tips & advice anything is welcomed

cheers

bernz :ilikeit:

Welcome Benz,

Yes this is a great forum and you will find lots of advice here. If you dont find it - ask! We will help if we can!

Good luck!

Al

Hi

Good luck with the applications! Please apply for all the home affairs stuff, eg passports, unagridged birth certificates for everyone, unabridged marriage certificate ASAP if you haven't already. They can be really slow at Home affairs and it can delay everything if you do find a sponsor.

D

Just want to say welcome to the forum. Loads and loads of valuable information here.

I see the work expo is coming up again - maybe an idea to go and see. My hubby, also in a trade - got his job offer from this show. Just an idea.

Best of luck with your plans and IELTS - its not that hard, and judging by your post, your english is great.

Welcome to our forum family! You will find everything you need here and if not, don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck!

ilani x

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

Since you are not married, whoever gets the visa, the other person will be the de facto partner, and you will need to prove that you are living together. So either get your lease in both your names or open a joint bank account etc. Normally with a married couple you are asked to provide your marriage certficate, so if you are living with someone you need to be able to provide some sort of proof that it is a genuine relationship. Maybe some other forumites who were not married when they came over/applied can you you some more info.

Candice

Hi! Ek het ook onlangs by di forum aangesluit en ek dink dis n ongelooflike great bron van inligting. Ekt gisteraand rondgekyk op die forum en op iemand afgekom wat weet van n recruiter wat omtrent dertig boilermakers soek. Ek onthou dit want ek het na werk gesoek vi n boilermaker vriend van ons. Email carriemcleod@mac.com. Sal later weer gan kyk ondr watter thread dit was en jou lat weet. Dit is sponsorships,spesifiek vir s.afrikaners. Gd luck!

Hi,its Luzelle again. Found the topic again about boilermaker sponsorship. Go to Advertising. Then go to forum Commercial and click on subforum Employment. Topic name is URGENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA-457 sponsorship. Sorry for not linking it but I'm doing this from my cellphone and don't know how to link with my cell. Will try again with my computer.Let us know if you have any success.

Edited by Luzelle en Willem J.v.R

Hi daar baie dankie vir die link en nounet sy cv en dinge gemail.... ek hoop maar dit lewer ietsie op... is al uitgeput vir al diep poste wat ek vir hom al aansoek gedoen het, ek dink as ek in aus kom moet ek my beroep verander na n recruiter toe..

thanx

bernz

Hi and welcome to the forum family.

good luck with your entire process.

Cheers

Enrica

Really hope it works out. Good luck!

One other thing: I found a link, with a list that says a Boilermaker (the profession) scores 60pts on the points test. Dig that!

Go have a look, it's quite far down on the list, under 'Tradespersons and Related Workers'.

Australian Skilled Occupation List