Studying at University in Brisbane

barbs.f

Question

Hi everyone

Both my children are busy with their 1st year studies at University in Durban. I want to know if their qualifications will be accepted in Australia ( one doing an Imm degree and the other a B.Soc.Sc) after they have competed their 1st or 2nd year (depending on when we get in) studies. They want to compete their degrees, so don't want them to come across to find that what they have studied so far is worth nought!!

Would I need to apply to a University now, or wait until we get there (Brisbane)? Any idea re costs?

Thanks in anticipation of your help,

Barbs

3 answers to this question

Hi Barbs

Dont know about recognition of subjects for the kids.

You have four universities in Brisbane:

University of Queensland(UQ)

Oueensland University of Technology(QUT)

Griffiths University(GU)

Australian Catholic University(ANU)

If you have Permanant Residence the cost of a three year BCOM degree will be about $30 000. Most students fund their studies with the Government HECS or HELP scheme.

However, if you do not have Permanent Residence, your children will pay International Student fees, and that can be double of what Aussie students pay.

To look at entrance into universities I suggest you look at QTAC:(Queenslands Tertiary Admission Council)

www.qtac.com.au

Hi Barbs

Dont know about recognition of subjects for the kids.

You have four universities in Brisbane:

University of Queensland(UQ)

Oueensland University of Technology(QUT)

Griffiths University(GU)

Australian Catholic University(ANU)

If you have Permanant Residence the cost of a three year BCOM degree will be about $30 000. Most students fund their studies with the Government HECS or HELP scheme.

However, if you do not have Permanent Residence, your children will pay International Student fees, and that can be double of what Aussie students pay.

To look at entrance into universities I suggest you look at QTAC:(Queenslands Tertiary Admission Council)

www.qtac.com.au