Hello all!

mella

Hi all, I am new on the forum.

I have a question re the 175 visa..

We are planning to immigrate to Australia and would like to know if it is risky to do to application for a 175 visa on your own?

The agencies are very expensive and their cost does not actually cover the IELTS, Unabridged certificates etc

We are considering getting all the docs on our own and applying ourselves.

Has anyone done it on their own? is it difficult?

Were you successful ?

Any tips ?

:blush:

Hi Mella

Welcome to the forum :ilikeit:

I don't know anything about the visa you want to apply for, :blush: but reading through the forum I'm sure will teach you all you need. This is the best place to be!! :ilikeit::lol:

Hi, Mella !!

Welcome over and over again. You'll be amazed at all the info on this site, you'll never need an agent, I think. Many people did it on their own, I guess you'll have enough responses to verify. It's lots of work, but well worth it and I can just imagine, very satisfying at the end to know you did such a big thing all by yourself !

All the best,

Alida

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Personally, I believe that you can handle the entire process by yourself. The forum will provide all the information that you need, and the Australian immigration website is very informative and user-friendly.

I'd say the biggest trick is to determine which visa you might qualify for - the rest is basically lots and lots of tedious admin.

Go to the immigration website and look at the visa options, then search / browse this forum for more info or ask questions as they arise.

Good luck and welcome to the Big Boat. (we're all in the same boat, you see :ilikeit: )

Cheers

Danie

Thanks Newcomer, Alida and JDJoburg!

I have read a lot of post this afternoon and got so much info!! This forum is great!

We want to apply for the PR Visa; I think it is the 175?

We booked our IELTS test and are busy to get all the paperwork together for the assessment on my husband’s degree!

I think we will do it on our own as agents are so expensive and what I have read on this site – a lot of people didn’t have great service from agents!

Thanks for your help!!!

I am sure I am going to enjoy this journey!!

I think we will do it on our own as agents are so expensive and what I have read on this site – a lot of people didn’t have great service from agents!

And even if you use an agent you have to get all the paperwork etc together yourself, which is probably most of the work. All the best with your application.

Hi there and welcome!

A valid point most people will make, is that if your case is straightforward, there will be no need for an agent if you are happy doing all the admin work.

Should you have a 'tricky' case - sometimes agents know best.

For example, our agent requested extra docs that the department never mentioned. it should make things go a little smoother?!

Also, if you use an agent - make sure they are MARA registered. There have been many debates about immi agents, may i suggest you use the search function - top right hand corner - and search - agents or immigration agents.

Good luck and take care,

red