We got our approval

Guest Bronwyn

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share our good news. Just this morning we received our approval e-mail for Adelaide. We are SO excited. Thanks everyone for your friendship & input.

PS. Did any of you 'veterans' get strange reactions from your families? Ours seems a bit funny, but it's because they are upset, we know it's hard for them to see us go! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Bronwyn

Congratulations! :rolleyes::ilikeit: Isn't it a wonderful feeling to finally know that the move is going to be a reality?

As for the family reaction, I can relate completely and I think most others who have been through the process can too. Everyone copes with the fact that they will be losing people that they love in different ways and you will experience a lot of different emotions as you break the news to people. Fortunately most people come round the closer you come to leaving so don't take any negative comments to heart.

Good luck with the next stage of your plans!

Congratulations Bronwyn! Good luck on the next stage of the process.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Congrats Browyn!

Yup my MIL told me after we were here for our first christmas on that first christmas day that I "stole" her darling son and grandchild, so I think that you will get mixed reactions both positive and negative

Dont take life too seriously, noone gets out alive anyway~anon

Well done Bronwyn

Think you are the 1st on the site to get approval on 160 or 163

I am not clear which approval you received ? is that the state sponsorship from the dept of Commerce ?

I anderstand that once this is received it is more or less just procedure to receive the TR from DIMIA (unless their is some medical or legal problem which is picked up in that part of the application)

Please tell me how long it took from submission untill approval ? did you use an agent ?

Best of luck

_0 aka barnone

Well done Bronwyn

Think you are the 1st on the site to get approval on 160 or 163

I am not clear which approval you received ? is that the state sponsorship from the dept of Commerce ?

I anderstand that once this is received it is more or less just procedure to receive the TR from DIMIA (unless their is some medical or legal problem which is picked up in that part of the application)

Please tell me how long it took from submission untill approval ? did you use an agent ?

Best of luck

_0 aka barnone

Thanks Barnone, I wonder if you're right we are the first with the 163 Visa?? ;)

We went on the LSD in Nov/Dec, sold our house in Jan & started getting all docs together in the 1st half of this year. You have to write your business plan, provide financials, have your property valued, get certificates of balance from the bank, all that, so it was a lot of admin. In the plan we put a lot of emphasis on our business here, and basically just said 'We intend to open a similar buiness in Aus' at the end of it all. But we were carefull to address the 5 or 6 specific points they want you to try & comply with (export, job creation, etc). Maybe it helped that we were there 9 months ago & picked up lots of business cards in our field & talked to people, so we made copies of all that as proof we had done our homework. You must also put a lot of emphasis on the fact that you manage PEOPLE (go into training & staffing issues, sell yourself).

The docs only went in the courier in June, & we were trying for the 160. Then they sent us a letter basically saying it was going to be declined because we just missed the capital cut-off (They excluded our family trust). That was a BLACK DAY :ilikeit: They suggested we apply for State Sponsorship, so we got busy redoing everything in July, but it was a lot shorter process as we already had all the attachments, & there were much lower requirements. The SA Govt stamped it within 10 days :ilikeit: , they were even kind enough to post it straight to the same asessor that looked at the 160 app (In Perth) & then she called for the medicals. I think you are right it is more or less a formality if your State says yes. The SA Govt was very kind & helpfull, we were so impressed.

Went for medicals 3 weeks ago today & got an answer yesterday. I can't believe it, I keep expecting them to phone & say they made a mistake!

It seems that the bottom line is you have to comply with ALL their requirements without a doubt (especially financially) & you WILL get in. You can't take any chances that they will miss something, because these people don't miss a beat. I even lost some time re-submitting my bank statements because the dates varied by one day & I thought no-one would notice....

Ok, good luck, give me a shout if we can be of any help, but I know you don't want to go to SA & I'm not aware of how difficult it is to get sponsorship anywhere else.

Bronwyn

PS. Don't over-analyse the thing, just get it in & hear what they say. They did give us a chance to comment before 'sommer' declining it (and we weren't charged twice). You can phone them to discuss things if you get desperate, they are not sadists. We only used an agent in the very beginning because we didn't know what type of Visa to try for. It was a waste of R3,500, you still have to do everything yourself, that's the hard work. They even gave us a few bits of wrong info, I posted my very first form, the 927 to the wrong address because of them & we lost a whole month...also, they NEVER mentioned the 163, I found that online myself...B

WOW ;)

Since the 160/3 is a relatively new subcategory (it has only been around for 2 or 3 years & replaced one that they did away with) I don't think anyone on THIS site has got in & I havent found anyone on any forum who has applied for their PR via 890 or 892 yet.

Clearly the other ingredient required is perserverance ...

As you know we also changed from 160 to 163 due to the requirement of employing 2 Australian PR's

we were on the borderline regarding personal & business assets & with the rand at R5.5 to the AU$ we may have tipped the wrong way plus I have a much better opportunity to examine the feasibility ... everything for a reason

I have now got almost everything together re property valuations, tax returns etc etc ...please just clarify the dates of the bank statements bit ?

We plan to have everything ready by 23rd of September for submission ...

I will keep in touch thanks for everything so far ...it really helps knowing one is not alone.

Be well.

Barnone aka (_0)

Hi Barnone - Yes, the exchange rate is a funny one. If it tips the wrong way your assets are too little here but the cost of starting your business there seems lower. If it tips the other way your balance sheet looks better here but your start-up costs there are more. Duh. It is 'smokkeling with my brains'.... ;)

What I meant about the bank statements is, that I had some cheque account statements dated, say 29 May, and a call account dated 30 May. Although they bore no relation to one another, they were rejected, as ALL HAVE TO SHOW THE SAME DATE. I think they suspect you will move funds between them and 'double count'. I was just too lazy to print off more online, but in the end that's what I had to do.

I remember another tip now. If you get letters from Sanlam, Liblife etc with your policy values they MUST say 'surrender value'. Mine said something else and I had to get them changed. The joke is that Sanlam e-mailed mine to me and it would have been easy for me to edit it myself, so funny!

We also prepared a personal balance sheet and put in a value for furniture and they excluded it because we hadn't had a formal appraisal done, but where do you get that? We just left it out because we qualified quite easily on the 163 so it wasn't necessary.

Where have you decided to apply to ? I think you can go for more than one at a time???

Bronwyn

Thanks Bronwyn

Very helpful.

Those were all things that our IA had not told us !

Anyway we have paid our money & had plenty of meetings with him spoken via skype numerous times but as you say with hind sight and the right people to ask might have saved some money, anyway it is done & at least he has good contacts with the NSW dept of commerce ...which is our 1st choice, 2nd choice Vic otherwise WA or if none of the above Queensland(Brisbane) or SA (Adelaide) & if the Aussies won't have us we both have EEC passports but we are out of here, we have had enough of living in fear & uncertainty, no amount of domestic help is worth it... can't believe I noticed yesterday that "someone" had removed the security lights that were mounted at strategic points around the house & that ussually burn all night as a deterent to uninvited guests ! they just cut the cable & sawed them of the rafters !

For our Industry , (Corporate Events) we need to look at being in the major cities, haven't looked seriously at Brisbane or Adelaide but they both seem quite laid back.

Also my wife has friends in Sydney (we have no family there so we will be basicly alone, I am a city boy born & bred in JHB so guess all those factors together influenced our decision.

Have managed to do lots of work on the bus plan & I & E + cashflow forcasts this weekend & found someone at home affairs that will issue a full birth Certificate within 5 days for R 300 ! and a new Jumbo passport for R 900 bargains (there will be none of that kind of stuff in aussie ;) ie !)

Anyway stay well

speak soon

barnone a(_0)

Hi Barnone - Yes, the exchange rate is a funny one. If it tips the wrong way your assets are too little here but the cost of starting your business there seems lower. If it tips the other way your balance sheet looks better here but your start-up costs there are more. Duh. It is 'smokkeling with my brains'.... :ilikeit:

What I meant about the bank statements is, that I had some cheque account statements dated, say 29 May, and a call account dated 30 May. Although they bore no relation to one another, they were rejected, as ALL HAVE TO SHOW THE SAME DATE. I think they suspect you will move funds between them and 'double count'. I was just too lazy to print off more online, but in the end that's what I had to do.

I remember another tip now. If you get letters from Sanlam, Liblife etc with your policy values they MUST say 'surrender value'. Mine said something else and I had to get them changed. The joke is that Sanlam e-mailed mine to me and it would have been easy for me to edit it myself, so funny!

We also prepared a personal balance sheet and put in a value for furniture and they excluded it because we hadn't had a formal appraisal done, but where do you get that? We just left it out because we qualified quite easily on the 163 so it wasn't necessary.

Where have you decided to apply to ? I think you can go for more than one at a time???

Bronwyn

Edited by Barnone