Police clearance vs traffic clearance?

DesertDaisy

DH's new employer wants a copy of a traffic clearance certificate as well as the police clearance we've already provided. We honestly thought that the police clearance cert included traffic offences. Is there such a thing as a seperate traffic clearance certificate? If so, where do we get one and how long will it take?

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi DD,

I have to admit I have never heard of anything like a traffic clearance certificate. According to the SA government's website the only thing remotely interesting (but not completely what you need) issued to South Africans in this regard is as follows :

Verification of South African drivers licences:

The Department of Transport can, upon request, issue a printout of the licence in question and supply a Letter of Confirmation of the licence. This letter reflects the date the licence was first issued.

Process to follow

Request the Department of Transport (in writing) for a printout and Confirmation Letter of your drivers licence. Your request must include your contact details (including fax number), a copy of your ID and a copy of your drivers licence.

Contact details :

Department of Transport

Private Bag X64

Pretoria

E-mail: pretori@dot.goc.za

Tel No: (012) 309 3722/3759

Fax No: (012) 309 3134/3103/3524

Maybe you could contact Ms. Issie Pretorius and explain your situation ? She might even know of someone who can help you or know of a certificate they can provide you with.(?) Sorry I can't be of better service.

(Info found here)

Good luck, I hope she can help you !

Love

SS

:ilikeit:

Thanks everyone. Thanks for the contact SS. I will send them a mail, and not expect a reply.... about the only govt office that has ever responded to a email query was the military, and that took a month....

I will get my mom to phone as well. So damn frustrating.

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey again,

Something else you could try is to contact the authorities responsible for this kind of thing in Australia. As far as I remember you were off to Perth (?) and the local contact address I managed to find for traffic clearance in WA * they call it State Traffic Certificate on their website* is :

conviction.records@police.wa.gov.au

I'm sure you will get some form of response from them, if you tell them that SA doesn't have this kind of certificate and ask what to do now/next/alternatively ??

The form filled out by applicants for traffic clearance when resident in Australia, can be found here.

Hope this helps. Good luck girl !

Love

SS

:rolleyes: