FRUSTRATION for the 4vannemerwes!!

Alida

Question

I post this open request on behalf of the 4vannemerwes. They've struggled to log in to the forum for more than a week now. They've cleared cache, history, etc, on internet explorer, yet no success. They've contacted the hosts with no luck so far. Any one have an idea what might help to get them logged in again ?

14 answers to this question

I post this open request on behalf of the 4vannemerwes. They've struggled to log in to the forum for more than a week now. They've cleared cache, history, etc, on internet explorer, yet no success. They've contacted the hosts with no luck so far. Any one have an idea what might help to get them logged in again ?

Hi,

These problems are as easy to find as a 1 dollar bill in Zim.... :unsure:

Try to look at the firewall settings on the PC, depending on the operating system - just switch it off a for a test.

It may helpful to post a description of the error, or any message that pops up....

Cheers,

DKH

OK, here's the error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/saaustra/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_topic.php on line 1169

It might make sense to anyone ?

Will tell them of the firewall settings, although our side of the family is not really tech savvy - and they do not have much help there at present. Funny thing is, they've had a week or so of posting on the forum without problems, but somewhere in the past week, things just got out of control.

PS: If anyone think you might be able to help, please PM me, I'll give their email address.

Thank you

Edited by Alida

Hi,

I'll do that. If any geeks out there speak geegalese and know where to look please contribute...

Thanks,

DKH

Yup, they do. They deleted cache files, cleaned internet history, no luck so far.

I've received the Email, then made sure all validations are done, which automatically solves the problem for new members (and they also receive an automated Email to that effect, thus the reason I did not respond personally). What I did not realise was that this was not a new member and the cause of the problem obviously not the same. That said, I am unfortunately not able to help with this particular problem, but it's been passed on to Hendie to check out. If it is a problem on our side, he will sort it out. If not, he might have an idea what's causing it on their side and hopefully it will soon be sorted out... :ilikeit:

In the meantime, anyone out there have any ideas? This is the error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/saaustra/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_topic.php on line 1169

In the meantime, anyone out there have any ideas? This is the error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/saaustra/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_topic.php on line 1169

Hi Riekie,

I don't really know what is causing the error, but did send them an email to try cleaning the PC with something like CCleaner which is quite thorough. I guess it must be something to do with Internet Explorer on the specific machine.

I haven't received any reply yet, so not sure if it will work.

Alida, can they maybe try to login on another pc? That will give some indication whether it is the specific PC or not.

Cheers,

DKH

I suppose they are currently 'stuck' with only their laptop, maybe if they go to an internet cafe - that will confirm if it is a clash between the laptop and IE. Thanks, will tell them.

HELLOOOOOO!!!!! :ilikeit::whome::blink::lol:

Yeah!!! Made it at last after the longest week in my life. The flight to Oz wasn't as sterssfull as this session.

Thanks a lot to al the mates and hosts who where so keen to help. Is my problem solved? Well, yes and no. There is NO way that I could get on to the forum via Internet explorer (I have vista home on my laptop if it means anything). I had to download Opera to open the forum. So, now wer'e on track again.

Thanks guys, your'e great.

Martin

Dankie, dankie - handtekeninge later !! :ilikeit:

Glad it's all sorted then!! :thumbdown:

Dankie tog hier is mense wat weet wat al die compyter en internet garble beteken.

4vanderMerwes welkom terug het bekommerd begin raak oor die lang stilte.

Martin ek is seker daar het baie gebeur in die week wat jy afgesny was van die buite wereld kom pal deel met ons.