photography jobs

carebear

My hubby is a commercial photographer. i am applying for jobs on line with seek almost every day but no one seems interested in hiring a south african photographer from here. does anyone know of any other good job sites? I have dabbled in interior decorating and bookkeeping. We can get 100 points if i am main applicant. How many do we need before it is worthwhile getting an agent involved at what seems huge costs? what does life cost in sydney/melbourne. is it cheaper in Brisbane?

Hi carebear

I'm also a photographer but luckily not main applicant, photographers is not on the MODL list but may be sponsored in rare instances.

I'd recommend you look at state sponsored PR on your skills, you only need 100 points then.

I'd recommend you look at state sponsored PR on your skills, you only need 100 points then.

Hi,

You can get also 10 points for state sponcership. You only need to complete a survey every 6 month and stay within that region for 2 years.

Or ... invest $$$

You can Google VIVA Photography. They are al over Australia and have franchises setup. I'm also a Prof Photographer. Just keep in mind that some of the world’s best photographers are in Australia. So we have stiff competition BUT once they see you know what you doing they will start using you. I did one shoot and know the work is rolling in. I have also aligned with some locals in WA. Never hurts to help friends in our game.

Good luck and if you need help... PM me.

if you google it for oz you'll see they quite big into photography but job wise no idea - DH a photographer as well but i am main applicant so we looking at opening his studio there

Wow!!! as a rookie, I cant believe how great the response has been to my first entry. i can see why people get hooked! Will investigate all options! Thanks guys! :ilikeit: