Emerald

Kate

Hi there,

Was at a family gathering yesterday and cousins of my inlaws are moving to Emerald early August. Chris is in the mining industry so will be working there. Are there any South Africans living in Emerald? Having looked at my Atlas, I saw that this little dorp is in the middle of nowhere. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kate :ilikeit:

Hi there,

Was at a family gathering yesterday and cousins of my inlaws are moving to Emerald early August. Chris is in the mining industry so will be working there. Are there any South Africans living in Emerald? Having looked at my Atlas, I saw that this little dorp is in the middle of nowhere. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kate :ilikeit:

Kate

I know there is some South Africans living in Emerald. You can have a look at the next site about Emerald.

Emerald

L'mari

Hi Kate,

I live in Emerald, been here almost 1 year now. There are a lot of South Africans in Emerald, so they will get plenty support, you can send me a PM if you want and if you need any more info, just let me know.

Jill

I had to chuckle at Emerald being called "a little dorp"!

Yeah . . well . . it might have been a sleepy place in the 60s and 70s, but anyone taking a casual glance at the place now will see it literally busting at the seams and houses going up everywhere!

I was there, 3 weeks ago, driving around Queensland (which is 1.5 X bigger than South Africa) and stayed 3 days . . . . long enough to take a couple of piccies and post them on this website and catch up with Jill and Dave who are there. Up to 40 Sth African / Rhodesian families have set up shop there from what I heard. The Aussie check out girl in the supermarket I yakked away (chatted) to went to school with a couple in her class, so there doesn't appear to be any shortage of folks from Sth Africa making that part of Australia their new home.

Check out my travels in "Bob's travels around N.S.W. and Q'ld" . . . see the write up on Emerald.

. . . . . then see if you still reckon it's a little dorp on the veldt? :D

There is some serious money in that place with the number of Toyota Land Cruisers I saw driving round towing flash speed boats attached for some water skiing at Fairbairn Dam, 18 kms away.

Edited by Bob

HI Bob,

Thanks Bob, for giving Emerald such a nice write up, it is a thriving little town, I have never seen so many Toyota Prado's in all my life.

bye for now Jill