Tumble Dryer? Please help...

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I need to my a tumble dryer ASAP... and need your advice on which brand to buy and which model. I've heard that you get very good models, which minimizes your ironing, but not sure which brands / models that is.

I am a BIG fan of Miele's appliances and ideally would like to settle for one, as I have a Miele washing machine, but I am open to other suggestions that you may have.

Please help / share your experiences!

Lovies, Pippa!

PS. I need a dryer that will be gently on our clothes!!!

Hi Pippa

I would say go with the Miele if you like them. I have just bought a Fisher& Paykel tumbledryer which I am happy with. It even has a removable shelf which I can put things on like shoes to dry them. It senses automatically when the clothes are dry and stops - I just have to set the dryness level I want. And it has an option which will air the clothes until I take them out, so they don't get creases.

Compared to the 15 year old tumbledryer I had in SA, this one just about does everything itself :ilikeit:

cheers

Sue

Edited by SueB

Hi Pippa

The rule of thumb is that your dryer should be able to take a bigger load than your washing machine, otherwise your clothes will end up being creased. I have a speed queen, but that is an industrial unit. My son has a fisher & paykel one, like SueB above, and he loves his. Then of course, if you like Miele, that is an excellent brand. There is a company called Panasales, they are a clearance centre, with excellent prices. Perhaps check if they have what you are looking for. Here is a link to them.

http://www.panasales.com.au/

Guest Bronwyn

Hi Philippa

I just bought a 6kg Westinghouse, model LD605EB from The Good Guys for $485 (Floor stock so I got a big discount). I didn't want a small tumbledryer again. The thing I like the most about it is that it stops automatically when the clothes are dry. It's not as quiet as I would have liked though..

I almost had a funeral for my little old Defy Automaid that came all the way from Edenvale, it was the hardest worker in my house! But the delivery man took it away for free, when he delivered the new one. :thumbdown:

Edited by Bronwyn

I have had a Bosch dryer and Bosch washing machine for the past 5 years my mother has the same brand hers lasted for about 15 years or longer she just replaced it about a year ago. Been very happy with them. They both very gentle on all our clothes. Have a look at http://www.choice.com.au/defaultView.aspx?...mp;catId=100165 they give you a breakdown of what each dryer will give you. This was the first place we check before we started looking for appliances as they rate the different appliances. It is also worth your while to talk to the tradies ask them what is the most stable dryer. Have a look at Good Guys their price are great. You can also ask them what deal they can give you , you would be astonished by their prices. I would not recommend them on service. The guy that had to install our dishwasher recently took forever I had to hound him to get it installed it took 2 weeks. They delivered the dishwasher on time but the guy that had to install it was the tardy one.

Hi All,

Many thanks for all your replies and suggestions :ilikeit: ! Had no idea that Tumble Dryers are so expensive… I eventually went for a Miele, as I have a Miele washing machine. The sales person assured me that I am buying a product that will last for 20 – 25 years… Let’s hold thumbs… :ilikeit: As long as it is gentle on my clothes, I will be happy!

By the way, I was so criticized by my colleagues at work for buying a dryer… They mentioned that we must all go green and try to reduce carbo emissions… I am the first person to support it, but hey, I don’t have enough clothes to do that! Here in Melbourne it takes days for my clothes to dry… (Indoors though!)

Bye, Pippa! X