Bob's travels across N.S.W. and into Q'ld

Bob

Longreach is a typical Queensland Outback town.

It doesn't have, or suffer from, the effects of the mining boom which towns further east are coping with.

Longreach is still a town dependent on cattle and tourism, much as it's always been.

House prices accordingly, are low by comparison to towns in the mining belt of central Queensland and youngsters can still afford to live there, if they don't head for the big city lights of Brisbane or Sydney.

Shops are basic in their range, with only a couple of supermarkets and specialty shops are not all over the place, but for most of your average needs, Longreach has it all.

Housing is typical Queensland style, with many being high off the ground for coolness in the long hot summer months, the streets being wide

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02796.jpg

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02788.jpg

DSC02791.jpg

DSC02790.jpg

Every Queensland town has its bowling club and Longreach is no exception to the rule

DSC02809.jpg

I was impressed by this giant covered skate park for the kids to roller skate on under cover from the hot Australian sun

DSC02810.jpg

Hi Bob,

Love the photo's, keep up the good work. We all love hearing about your travels.

Love to Ginnie, and family, Jill

Hello Bob, thanx for the update and the pics.

What always fascinates me about the pics I see, is that everything looks so clean and cared for.

Keep the posts coming.

Hello Bob, thanx for the update and the pics.

What always fascinates me about the pics I see, is that everything looks so clean and cared for.

Keep the posts coming.

That's because I ring the local council beforehand, stating in an official voice that the Queen is touring Australia, wants to come to town and make sure that all the streets are swept and the local residents have a damn good tidy up in their front yards before she turns up.

. . . . . . then I rock up a couple of days later and . . . . voila!

Bob, You take good pics and can be a funnyman too hey ?

From all the pics taken by everybody from all over AUS the cleanliness really stands out for me. Im sure there are some yukky places that the Queen hasnt visited yet !!!???

I am annoyed here in SA, messy littered, overgrown streets , landscaped beds with people sitting amongst whats left of the plants. Fever trees with plastic bags stuck in their thorns is now our new national flower. Yeah, you guessed - Im a tree hugger !!

Enjoy your posts, Keep your travels coming.