Brisbane Suburb like Northcliff/Fairlands JHB

MichaelvdBerg

Hi,

I'm looking for a suburb in Brisbane that is more or less like Northcliff/Fairlands in JHB. For those who don't know what I mean, I don't want to live near big buildings, any industrial complexes or in an area close to what can be seen as a township in Ozzie terms ;)

And oh yeah...it must be fairly close to public transport and must be modern...thus I am looking for a brick housy :)

Any ideas?

\m/ichael

Hi Michael

I stay in Redland Bay in a new estate. Unfortunately the houses are not made of brick. Those are far and few between. If you want to avoid living next a 'township' I advise you look at a place in an estate. Areas I would recommend which are more modern are Scarborough, North Lakes, Redland Bay, Victoria Point, Thornlands. These are all newish areas, and have larger houses.

Happy house hunting!

Veronique

Hi Michael

I stay in Redland Bay in a new estate. Unfortunately the houses are not made of brick. Those are far and few between. If you want to avoid living next a 'township' I advise you look at a place in an estate. Areas I would recommend which are more modern are Scarborough, North Lakes, Redland Bay, Victoria Point, Thornlands. These are all newish areas, and have larger houses.

Happy house hunting!

Veronique

Thanks Veronigue...

I will have a look at those areas :ilikeit:

Michael you'r just one person aren't you? Why not look closer to the City like maybe Indooroopilly or so, get a nice townhouse in a good complex. Or what about Northgate or Nunda. Have a look at the Rail and then look on Realestate.com.

Yeah I'm just one okey...but I would rather fork out a little bit more for a nice place that looks a little it closer to 'home' in SA

Agge nee Michael!!! When in Rome my man when in Rome!! It's not that bad at all!! You just need to get used to it. You'll see in a month or so you wouldn't even see the differences anymore!! LOL!! No seriously!!!

Michael, you need to check out New Farm, Tenerife, Newstead - it's north of the river, right at the river and a very lively place to be - trendy apartment living. If you're single you definately don't want to hide out in the suburbs just yet!

Agge nee Michael!!! When in Rome my man when in Rome!! It's not that bad at all!! You just need to get used to it. You'll see in a month or so you wouldn't even see the differences anymore!! LOL!! No seriously!!!

Hehe, I know I know....But I will need to get used to it first :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Carindale is a more modern suburb with large brick houses. It has river walkways and easy access to highway. If I was single though, I would like to live in Kangaroo point. It is more expensive but you are opposite the river from the city with fantastic views and walkways and ferry's across to the city. We lived in apartments called Riverscape (http://www.qpsonline.com.au/riverscape/ ) when we just arrived, but unfortunately it was to far from my children's school and not many playmates around. I am not a city girl but loved living there as you are not in the city, but close and there is beautiful walks and parks all around.

I've managed to find a sexy 3 bedroom brick house in an area called Browns Plains in the Heritage Park estate. It's not too far away from a bus stop and will take me about 50 minutes to get to work. Lot's of people dont understand why us Saffers choose to live out so far but then again..they dont know SA, where we all do it anyway.

I'll keep you up to date with what the area is like (it seemed really nice) and what the availability of services etc is.

Cheers

M