How much longer - anybody?

Guest Bronwyn

I was hoping someone could give me feedback of their experience with the Visa wait.

We were applying for the 160 Visa but it ended up being the 163 (State Sponsored) one because the cash requirements were much lower. We got the State Sponsorship form back stamped, wrote the business plans, gave them financials, police clearances, all the necessary documents. I have been advised by the assessor that I don't have to write the English test because I proved my schooling was in English. We also went in for medicals and the doctors/x-ray/blood people assured us all is fine. I know the medicals arrived in Sydney 3 days ago because I tracked the parcel.

I have an e-mail from our assessor that says as soon as she has the medical results she will give us a final decision but the letter goes on to say ' You appear to have satisfied the initial requirements for a Visa'.

I really don't think there is anything outstanding, and I know they have accepted all our financials, etc.

My question is, how long will it take the medical people in Sydney to tell our assessor in Perth that we are all healthy etc. , and how much longer until we get that magic e-mail (I really hope they don't make us wait for snail mail)?

I am literally dreaming of this and spending all day on the Net trying to get info or searching my inbox (With dial-up nogal, grrrrr!). It's driving me nuts! ;)

Thanks!! Bronwyn

I was hoping someone could give me feedback of their experience with the Visa wait.

We were applying for the 160 Visa but it ended up being the 163 (State Sponsored) one because the cash requirements were much lower. We got the State Sponsorship form back stamped, wrote the business plans, gave them financials, police clearances, all the necessary documents. I have been advised by the assessor that I don't have to write the English test because I proved my schooling was in English. We also went in for medicals and the doctors/x-ray/blood people assured us all is fine. I know the medicals arrived in Sydney 3 days ago because I tracked the parcel.

I have an e-mail from our assessor that says as soon as she has the medical results she will give us a final decision but the letter goes on to say ' You appear to have satisfied the initial requirements for a Visa'.

I really don't think there is anything outstanding, and I know they have accepted all our financials, etc.

My question is, how long will it take the medical people in Sydney to tell our assessor in Perth that we are all healthy etc. , and how much longer until we get that magic e-mail (I really hope they don't make us wait for snail mail)?

I am literally dreaming of this and spending all day on the Net trying to get info or searching my inbox (With dial-up nogal, grrrrr!). It's driving me nuts! :lol:

Thanks!! Bronwyn

Hi

My agent gave me the following info - if you want to check if LCU has passed your Meds:

When to contact the LCU?

The LCU does not make decisions regarding visa applications, and can not provide any information about the progress of your application.

All questions regarding your visa application should be directed to the case officer assigned to your appliciation. You should only contact the LCU if you want to confirm the receipt of medical results. If you are a migration agent or a third party, you must provide a written authorisation from the visa applicant, before any information can be released to you.

Any other questions should be directed to your case officer or to the relevant eVisa Helpdesk.

How to contact the LCU?

All enquires should be directed to the LCU mailbox:

Email: LCU@immi.gov.au

All inquiries are subject to a 48 hour turnaround standard.

Please ensure that you include the following information in your email to assist us in replying to you promptly. This information is essential if you want to confirm the receipt of your medicals.

• Name of Applicant

• Date of Birth

• Passport number

• Visa Applied For

• Date Medicals Dispatched

• Method of Dispatch (Courier/Standard)

If sent by Courier please include:

• courier company name

• tracking number

• details of receipt date

• name of person who signed for the package

Note: If you have not checked with your Courier Company please do so before contacting the LCU

I did it and LCU replied a day later with good news

Good luck

G72

Our visa was granted 2 weeks after we submitted our medicals. :lol:

We also have applied for the 160 visas.Unfortunately for us the officer in charge in Perth insisted on me doing the IELTS test for some unknown reason ,which I did and passed.Sent those off to Perth yesterday and we also are now waiting.

Cant wait to get these visas so we can start with the next step.I think this waiting period is worse than the actual application.Hopefully its not a real long wait. :lol:

Thank you all so much - I have popped off a mail to LCU right now.

I know the medicals were sent on 23 August so that's about 10 days already. The wait is excruciating, worse than waiting for Christmas when you are 6 years old!!

This morning we caved in and tried to phone our assessor in Perth (what can she do, just get irritated??) but she had the day off :lol: .

We will just have to be patient & drink lots of wine for the next few days to forget about it :(

Sorry you had to write the English test Avi, sounds horrid. I was at school in English so they said no problem. You? B)

Riekie you have given me renewed hope, thanks! Bronwyn.