My sweet Adelaide

Conrad

Hi All,

Reading through the last couple of post`s regarding Adelaide and it`s suburb`s,has put a new light as to my conception of life in Australia.I must admit , it was for the best, and opened my eye`s in the respect that one must still realize there is a difference in class and values in all sectors of life.

When I arrive in Adelaide in September, and put my foot on Australian soil??????Think it will be quite intence.

I would really like to know how you other Saffers, feel about moving to Adelaide and why you have chosen such a beautiful City and surrounding area to move to.

Regards Conrad

Guest Bronwyn

Hi Conrad

Welcome to Adelaide in September. I see you are the exact same age as my husband!

If you would like to send me a PM, maybe we can go out for a drink/coffee and a chat when you are here. Hopefully we will be able to answer some of your questions about the city.

Regards, Bronwyn (& Stephen :( )

PS. Bring warm clothes, especially as you are camping. It still gets cold in Adelaide in September.

Hi Conrad

We're only coming to Adelaide in Nov. Initially we were heading for Hobart but we realised that job opportunities for myself would be very limited there. As an alternative we started looking at other places and stumbled upon Adelaide (lucky we did). We chose Adelaide because we wanted a city that is not too large such as Melbourne and Sydney. We wanted the small town feel but also wanted all the necessary shops and schools etc to be close by. The natural beauty of the place also caught our attention. Maybe it was an act from above but all the doors opened for us towards Adelaide so we believe we'll be happy there. No place in the world is perfect or without problems but the larger city life just provides more opportunities for the unwanted. Those we're mostly the reasons for our choice. Hopefully we'll see you guys around there somewhere when we land.

Groete uit Pretoria vir nog so paar maande.

Jakes en Nelia

Thanks Bronwyn - Got it. I'm getting SO much info here. You guys rock!

Jakes

:ilikeit:

Hi Conrad

We went to an emigration seminar about 10 years ago about Australia. The man described all the different states and capitals and we thought then that Adelaide sounded like just the place for us. We were living in Pietermaritzburg at the time and it sounded quite similar, mixed with Cape Town where I was from. We decided to move to the UK instead and then 7 years later when we couldn't take the weather anymore, started looking at Aus instead. Initially we thought we would move to Brisbane because that's where all the work for architects was at the time (still is to some extent) but while we were in the process of applying for all our documentation etc. the points went up and we didn't qualify for a visa anymore. Then, the new SIR visa was introduced and we had a chance again. Adelaide was the only city apart from Hobart which would sponsor architects and so Adelaide it was! We are very happy here and it felt to me like home since the moment I arrived. It just felt like I had slipped into an old comfortable pair of slippers. I hope we never have to move :ilikeit:

Hi All

Thanks for all the replies so far.Bronwyn you sure will get a PM from me and it will be great to get together once I`m there.

Annette, I also come from Pietermaritzburg and lived in Natal most of my life.As you see we live in Paarl and love it here.

This journey were on is really one of up`s and down`s.It`s great to know the support is out there.

Thanks Conrad