Moving from SA - Need to Budget - Help

ckitshoff

Hi,

Could someone help me. I would like to know how much it would cost to for one person to live in Aus i.e. How much would it cost to rent a small 2 bedroom apartment close to the city or in the suburbs.

What does Electricity and water cost.

Is it better to buy a car as opposed to using the public transport systm. How much does a car cost?

How much does petrol cost?

How much does food cost?

What is the interest rate?

How much would a 2 bedroom flat cost in the suburbes?

Anybody got their budget to share with me?

Chris

Depends on where you're heading.... Living costs differs quite a bit from city to city. Also the transport options etc. A rough estimate without knowing all your details would be to budget on $900 per week... If you're coming to Sydney I can give you more specific info. :lol:

Depends on where you're heading.... Living costs differs quite a bit from city to city. Also the transport options etc. A rough estimate without knowing all your details would be to budget on $900 per week... If you're coming to Sydney I can give you more specific info. :lol:

Hi Riekie. Please could you give me more details for Sydney.

Thanks

Chris

As promised, here goes:

This is a typical budget for a family. Being single, some items would obviously be less, but this would give you a general idea: Australia_Budget.xls

This is info specific to Sydney: Destination_Guide_to_Sydney___International.pdf Sydney_Travel_Budget.doc

These are the Sydney suburbs. If you are thinking of a specific suburb, I can tell you if there is a train station or not - but even if not, there will be a bus service.... The closer to the city you are, the closer you'll most likely be to a train station or bus stop - as you venture out to the suburbs, they become fewer and further apart.

post-4-1157441324.gif

Hope this help! If I can think of more to add, I will, but this should get you started. :ilikeit:

Thanks so much Riekie

Those were all absolutely invaluable...

1st time I have looked at a proper map of our future home town :blush: !

_0

This is the railway map of Sydney & Suburbs, so you can see if your Suburb of choice is close to a railway station. The "Hills District" is more or less where the NORHT arrow is. From there it is approx. 7km to Seven Hills station and about 12 km to Beecroft Station (or less, if you live more to the Eastern part of the Hills) This should give you an idea of distance. The Hills will get a railway line in 2012 (touch wood..... :( ). It will run through Castle Hill & Norwest Business Park. Hope this helps in deciding where to live...

post-4-1157935562.jpg

Thanks so much Riekie Those were all absolutely invaluable... 1st time I have looked at a proper map of our future home town :ilikeit: !

You're welcome!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Do you have anything sim for Perth, or know where i can look ?

Hi,

Here it is, can't remember where I found it though.

post-184-1158981314.png

Greetings,

Dreamy