Apollo: Greetings to the Forumites!

Apollo

Hi Everyone

We recently joined the forum and are finding it a real source of discussion and entertainment! I am not great at the site navigation but I suppose I will get the hang of it.

It is really comforting to see so many people going through the same debates, fears and hopes in this incredibly long process.

Our application has been lodged and now the long wait begins!

Just a thank you to all who contribute information and share experiences - As they say

"When you reach the top, send the lift down for the next one!"

Regards

Apollo

:ilikeit:

Welcome to the Forum-family, Apollo !!

Just stay on the forum day and night :ilikeit: and you'll get the hang of it quickly - and become addicted, informed, entertained and encouraged !

Enjoy the company !

Welcome Apollo

The forum is great, many wonderful and interesting people contribute, I only wish I had known of it when we were planning our move to Australia!

It would have saved me many hours of internet searching and trawling through the immi site.

Rest assured your forum family will be a great source of information.

Good luck with your journey.

Hi Apollo,

A big welcome, addiction!!!!!!!!.................hmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes you will be but you will find everything and anything you ever wanted to know here and even good friends as well.

Cheers

Kathy

Welcome! :ilikeit:

Welcome Apollo - this site WILL become your next addiction !!

What visas are you guys going for ?

Hiya Apollo

Welcome to the forum :rolleyes:

You'll find loads of info here - and check out www.immi.gov.au - if you haven't already!

Leigh

Edited by Leigh MC

Thanks for the welcome!

We are applying for Regional Family Sponsored (I think it's a 475 visa) and will relocate near Brisbane in the Darling Downs.

Not sure what we are in for but have family there who settled many years ago and are happy. (Despite water shortages)

Also have family here who are almost ready to go, they are just waiting for final approval.

I am not certain of the etiquette on a forum and whether to repsond to each individual?

Hi Apollo, Im sure you can respond however you wish. Just no naughty words !!! I was just curious as I saw you were from the Hiway area, just like us.

You are so lucky to have family in AUS, Im sure it will certainly help with adjusting to your new life.

Good luck with your apps.

hey apollo..

good luck and i hope your forum name means your visa app will live up to it!!!

If it wasnt for the friends i have made on this forum i think i would have lost it by now..i always wonder how the people who are going through the same process cope withour the daly dose of fourm??

sometimes several doses a day!!

if you want to discuss something with one particular person, you can pm them, normally once you get to know someone quite well its nicer cause you can chat about more personal things, but we are all so interested in each others progress that, and i think i speak for most of us here, we all like to know everthing thats going on incase it might help the next one.. like your lift story...excellent way of putting it!!!

enjoy the forum.its really great!!

Hi Apollo, Im sure you can respond however you wish. Just no naughty words !!! I was just curious as I saw you were from the Hiway area, just like us.

You are so lucky to have family in AUS, Im sure it will certainly help with adjusting to your new life.

Good luck with your apps.

I noticed you were from the Highway area, where are you planning to relocate to, and how long till you go?

Hi, we are heading for Canberra as hubbys job offer is there.

We have been waiting for our PR visas since 28 Nov 07, so at this stage we are trying so hard to stay sane. We are begging the powers that be that our turns will be soon soon, otherwise .............???

Enjoy the ride, this forum is about the only thing that keeps me sane.

Hi Apollo

A bit late now seeings we've already met in person but in any event, welcome to the forum - I'm so glad that you are finding it helpful - it certainly can be a great place to be.

So glad you could make it to the braai yesterday and hope you had a good time.

RoMar

Hi Apollo

A bit late now seeings we've already met in person but in any event, welcome to the forum - I'm so glad that you are finding it helpful - it certainly can be a great place to be.

So glad you could make it to the braai yesterday and hope you had a good time.

RoMar

It was great to meet everyone, can't believe the turn out! I expected only a few families but it was fun and very interesting to see so many of us in the same "boat".

Hi all

I am also from the Upper Highway area, in Hillcrest!

RoMar: When you were referring to a great turnout, what are you referring to? Is it the coffee club?

I have received a job offer in Perth, we have had X-rays & the kids medicals were all clear & the documents arrived in Sydney today. We have applied on a 457 visa. Our application was lodged on 18 June 2008 & with the medicals completed, we are now waiting. Not too sure what happens next, but Elliots called today & they want to come & "size up" what we are taking with.

Great forum.

Cheers

Hi all

We are new members and would like to know more about people going on visa 475. We are heading for West Aus - Mandurah Peel.

Marius & Euneze

Hi Apollo,

Great to meet you at coffee club.... helps to get together with like minded people.

Hi Apollo and welcome.

Soon you will be like the rest of us sad bunch - stuck with a serious forum addiction! LOL! But you are at the right place and will meet great people here! Good luck!

Al

Hi Bluegill

I'm also from Hillcrest! Been living in Perth for the last 7 months - came on a 457 visa - also used Elliots for the move!... PM me if you need any info, for e.g. schools, suburbs, etc. etc. :ilikeit: