457 visas and spouses

Dedrei

I have been having a really interesting conversation with the wife of a guy that works with hubby. Hubby and his friend are both on 457 visas and for 4 years. Friend is Phillipino. This is what I don't get. Spouses are entitled to be included in 457 visas, but this is not told to Phillipino's. :P

They are actually told by the company that the wife and kid can only come after 2 years. How does this work? Just thinks this isn't fair, as I was able to be included in hubby's visa but the guy's wife can't, she can only come over after 2 years. Anybody have any ideas? ;)

I've never heard anything like this. Strange isn't it? Does he have any other limitations printed on his visa?

Greetings,

Dreamy

As far as I can tell DIMIA isn't the issue, something to do with the employer and what they are telling the candidates when they get the job. Really is weird to me. And this is normal, cause most Phillipino's dont' have their family's with them, they are under the impression that their wives may not come with them. Which is utter :censored: That's why I am getting all these questionis as to how I got in Aus. :unsure:

That is terrible. Just goes to show, you get all kinds of people everywhere.