457 Medicals ????

DeniseF

:rolleyes: Can't find info on the forum, maybe it's just late or maybe it's the cabernet. We're starting the 457 process and have been told all in all about 4 mths for Perth.

Now about the medicals: what exactly do they do: Xrays we know, have doubled smoking since the start of this process, so it's not a good start, but what else do they check. Make you run on a treadmill ???? jump through hoops ???(did that at home affairs)

???????????????? :ilikeit: Also for the kids, age 8 and 11 yrs.

Thanks

Airmail

Hi

You will only do the medicals when called to do them and everyone over 10 yrs old will need an x-ray.

The two children will be required to do full medicals. Cannot answer with certainty what the doctor checked - my hubby took our two, also aged 8 & 11, and I think it was just a full medical examination - no treadmills or the like.

So, all you need at the 457 stage is to have the x-rays and prove no TB.

Regards Alrae

Hi Airmail,

How you doing?

No, no treadmills thank goodness LOL

Luke (4) had a medical ie he was checked by the doctor in the exam rooms, just normal temp, ears, lymph nodes etc. He also had a bad cold at the time (he is asthmatic) so I was really worried. But it was all fine. Steve and I just had Xrays done.

We did it at the travel clinic in Hatfield.

Candice

we also only needed xrays for 457, took coritsone for a week before hand in case my lungs weren't up to it, I dont smoke but you can never be sure... and then pestered the radiologist to show me her report before she sent it....

hopefully nothing serious will come up before we have to do full medical for pr visa..at rate its going it could be in a years time so not worrying bout that now.

lyall

Edited by lyall

When we did the 457, it was only x-rays for my husband and myself, and the medicals for the kids were no stress at all. There is a lovely doctor in Rosebank (brilliant with the kids), who just did some routing looking in the ears and asking questions. Before we knew it, it was all done. This is really a MINOR in the long list of to-dos!

Don't worry.

Just got our visa approval letter for Perth last week, all i did was x rays, hubby had blood pressure checked, checked his urine for drugs and excess sugar, that is basically it. We were in his room for maybe 2 minutes!

Hi,

All depends on the ages of the kids. Under 15, just x-rays and cursory check up (eyes, ears, throat, etc); over 15 will need blood tests too.

Adults do x-rays only unless you will be in a school or childcare environment. Doctors and nurses, etc obviously have different meds to us ordinary folk.

We did full meds anyway as we have 2 applications running concurrently and the meds are being used for both visas.

The whole process was easy and trouble free.

zorba

:thumbdown:

Thanks guys, at least there's one less thing to stress about.