Previous citizenship / Dual citizenship

Guest Karla

Hi

Same topic but different variants (different persons involved) :

How does dual citizenship (South Africa and Namibia) affect the application process for independent skilled visa? Does it take longer? Any additional paperwork?

How does previous citizenship of another country affect the application process for independent skilled visa? The person doesn't have her Namibian Id and passport since giving up her Namibian citizenship. Will there will be additional paperwork that she must get?

Thanx

It wont be a problem or make any difference. I have dual SA and UK citizenship and only had to write down my SA ID number on the application form, I did not have to send copies of it. I decided to have my visa put in my UK passport so that is the only one I had to send copies of. I dont own a SA one.

• 4 months later...
It wont be a problem or make any difference. I have dual SA and UK citizenship and only had to write down my SA ID number on the application form, I did not have to send copies of it. I decided to have my visa put in my UK passport so that is the only one I had to send copies of. I dont own a SA one.

Hi Olly

Are you PR in Oz now? How did you go about with your UK citizenship? Are you going to apply for tripple SA/UK/Oz citizenship?

thx