Need a job for partner and son in Adelaide

Benita Rauscher

:ilikeit:

Hi guys.

I have been sponsored to work in Adelaide, I have accepted. Waiting for my VISA no: :rolleyes:

My partner Marius (28) and my son Stepahn (19) is coming along, but we urgently need to find a job for both of them as soon as we land in Adeliade.

Marius have experience in Heavy Machinary Equipment like Tippler Cars, Cherry Pickers...excavators, also 1.5 years of mechanical fiiter. Not qualified. Maybe at the harbour or on mines. Unfortunatley he doesnt have licenses.. Not because he doenst want to, but in Richards Bay nobody could assist us. :angry:

Stephan (my son) is 19, have little bit of experience in welding, mechanical fitter assistance.

Please assist us.

Any bit of info or just pointing in a direction would be helpfull. :lol:

Benita

Hi Benita

I presume you are coming over on a 457. Please be careful, although you can add your son to your 457 as a dependent, he has to stay that way until you get PR. If he goes to work fulltime before you get PR, he will have to apply on his own and can no longer be dependent on yours. Without qualifications, he may have a hard time getting PR on his own.

That is my grasp of the matter, perhaps somebody else will correct me if I am wrong. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hi Benita

I presume you are coming over on a 457. Please be careful, although you can add your son to your 457 as a dependent, he has to stay that way until you get PR. If he goes to work fulltime before you get PR, he will have to apply on his own and can no longer be dependent on yours. Without qualifications, he may have a hard time getting PR on his own.

That is my grasp of the matter, perhaps somebody else will correct me if I am wrong. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hi Mara

Could Benita's son do an apprenticeship and still be classified as a dependant, until she gets PR? - just a thought.

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT

I am currently in that situation.

When I arrived in Adelaide, I found a job, but it took me just over 5 months. (We were on a 457 visa)

But because my parents applied for PR I had to quit working full time and became a casual employee (Doing no more than 20 hours of work a week).

And to prove that I am a defendant, I had to become a full time student.

When you arrive, ask Stepahn to give me a call. Id be happy to take him around Adelaide and show him around.

regards

Fred

Edited by Jongman

Hey "Jongman"

Dankie dit sal gaaf wees - wat is jou Personall E-mail adres?

Stephan sal bly wees om jou te ontmoet.

Op die stadium is myne benita.rauscher@rbm.co.za

Thanx

Benita