more questions

Frenchie

Hi there! We still never received the results from the trade test as yet but I am trying my utmost hardest to be patient. We have been in touch with a couple of agenies that can seek employment for you and try and get you on a 457 visa. Some of these agencies required a registration and some not. One has told me that if my husband does not have a licence to work as an electrician in Australia, then its absolutely useless, he wont get an employer to sponsor him! My question to the forum is, is this correct? Wont he just need his Trade to be approved by TRA??? Also can anybody please recommend an agency we can contact that can seek suitable employers???? All your advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards always!

Zana was a respondent to Eddie's post when he asked for help in securing work in Australia.

Eddie was given the following link to "OneSteel" . . . Australia's biggest steel manufacturer . . . and I noticed there were many job opportunities listed, one being for Electricians who were from South Africa.

I thought of your post straight away, so will write the link down for you to access and look for yourself.

https://onesteel.nga.net.au/fnt_jobs_list.cfm

Happy job hunting . . . . and it seems that OneSteel will get you your Australian work visa if you are successful, and are a South African electrician, if I understand correctly.

Hi,

Sorry can't help with any advice but Iwas just wondering how long it has been since you submited your assesment to TRA???? Ours will be submitted later this week.

Sulona

Guest colton

Sorry to say your TRA, Trades Recognition Australia, does not entitle you to work as an electrician in Australia. That is only the first step, there are three stages. The TRA only proves that on paper you are a qualified electrician. It is a step needed for immigration purposes and has nothing to do with actually working in Australia, but none-the-less it is needed.

Guest colton

Sorry, meant to add that it does not mean he won't get a sponsorship because of no electrical licence. The sponsoring company will do all that for you. As long as the initial TRA is done, the most time consuming, it will count for you.