Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant

Ebreyten

Hi,

I am a Bookkeeper and have almost 6 years expierence in accounts (bookkeeping). I am currently looking for a job in the Sydney CBD or anywhere near Rhodes.

Please let me know if anyone know of something. I have been looking on the website but nobody is really employing now.

Thanks

EB

I have been looking on the website but nobody is really employing now.

Hi there,

Which website are you referring to?

There are plenty of jobs in seek and my career in Sydney in your field. A search on seek for "Bookkeeper in Sydney brings up over 140 advertised postions and over 340 jobs for Accounts Clerk/Admin.

Check it out HERE

And HERE

Thanks for the links. I am looking on seek, my career and career one.

I have applied for some of the jobs you have in those links that I am interested and so far 9 people came back to me and said the positions are already filled and the rest of the ones I applied for didn't come back to me.

I am still looking.

Once again thanks for the help.

EB

Thanks for the links. I am looking on seek, my career and career one.

I have applied for some of the jobs you have in those links that I am interested and so far 9 people came back to me and said the positions are already filled and the rest of the ones I applied for didn't come back to me.

I am still looking.

Once again thanks for the help.

EB

Have you tried registering with a recruitment agency yet? You might get a bit luckier that way as they can be out looking for work on your behalf and have access to the jobs that aren't advertised. For bookkeeping/accounting roles the bigger recruiters (Hudson, Hays, Michael Page, Robert Half, etc) seem to have plenty of work on their books and it's only a matter of time before you get something.

Best of luck!

Trust me the forum is my last resort.

I am currently registered at Hays, Olivier, Group, Hudson, Robert Half as well as a few other smaller recruitment agencies. One thing that I have learned about recruitment agents over here and London is they do say they have a lot of jobs on their books but when you don't hear from them for more then a week you know there isn't a lot of jobs around.

Thanks anyway. I am currently open on all the websites and hopefully something will come up soon. I really can't sit at home doing nothing. I'm driving myself insane.

EB

Trust me the forum is my last resort.

I am currently registered at Hays, Olivier, Group, Hudson, Robert Half as well as a few other smaller recruitment agencies. One thing that I have learned about recruitment agents over here and London is they do say they have a lot of jobs on their books but when you don't hear from them for more then a week you know there isn't a lot of jobs around.

Thanks anyway. I am currently open on all the websites and hopefully something will come up soon. I really can't sit at home doing nothing. I'm driving myself insane.

EB

Wow, that's unfortunate! Sorry, I assumed you hadn't been registered with an agent and didn't know the drill.

*must not assume*

Thankfully, so far I've found the agents in Melbourne to be pretty good compared to London. The Ads on Seek and My Career seem to (most of the time) actually be for real existing jobs - rather than just tasters to get candidates to register. In London I don't think a single job that I applied for turned out to be real - always a made up role than an agency posts to get you through the door.

I do know that the bigger agencies are more guilty of doing this here in Aus, and I must admit, I've had more good experiences with smaller boutique agencies than with the big names.

Well, best of luck anyway, I hope you find something.

Yes, I got a job in London pretty quickly through Robert Half and they were brilliant. So I thought they would be the same over here but so far didn't get anything on their site. But when I got here in March I tried Hays out because they had more jobs on offer then any other agency. They did get me a job and the company promised me a lot of things and at the end of the day they didn't deliver. So I left at the end of May.

Now I'm still looking and haven't found anything that I can stick with. If and when I do get a job I want this one to be the one that I can stay with the company and grow with the company. Don't want to go through everything and after two months it's not what they said it's going to be. So this one should be the final one and the right one. If you know what I mean.

I think another reason for me not getting a job is it is in the financial year end so nobody would want to recruit anyone now. That is in the financial industry. But maybe there will be something after June. Then everything is over and hopefully people will start recruiting again.

Thanks for all your advice, info and support. At least I can browse the forum 24/7 now.

:ilikeit: