SA equivalent to Australian AQF Diploma

Die Du Plooys

Hi Everyone

I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me what the South African equivalent is to an AQF Diploma.

I can get a South African NQF Level 5 qualification if I got exemption through RPL (work experience) and sit an exam.

This however cost money.

I do not want to do this and get this qualification and still it would not be positively assessed by VETASSESS. I need to be able to get an equivalent to an AQF Diploma in Australia.

Thanks!!!

Annelize

Hi Annelize

Yes this is tricky. Are you going to apply for an 40 point occupation?

I do think that the NQF 5 will be sufficiant are sending application for reassesment for 40 point occupation to VETASSES tonight. But I don't know how long the outcome would take as far as I know hubbies Diploma is also level 5.

When do you need to submit your application? Can let you know of outcome as soon as we receive it?

It is quite difficult to get info regarding the education level for RSA qualifications vs Aus one's.

The degree's look straight forward but the Diploma's is not that straight forward.

Good luck.

Lilo

Hi Lilo

I am not in too much of a rush to put my application in, please let me know once you receive an answer.

Thanks for the help!

Annelize

• 12 years later...

Hi,

I also have somewhat of a similar question. My occupation is listed as requiring a bachelors degree but i hold a South African National Diploma. Im wondering what my chances are as i dont know how the levels compare.