No more whingeing

Michelle

I realise that my last number of posts have all been a bit on the negative. I have become a real whinger and that needs to end, so I decided to post some of the positives that has been happening.

Firstly a positive on the South African front. I don't know who of you read the lawyer of the sales of one of our properties dissapeared with our money. We submitted a claim with the law society and in just over a month we received the funds with a bit of interest. The money is now safely in our Australian account. I really have to commend the law society of the northern province. Their communication was excellent and they really wasted no time! We are so greatful!! Now we can actually almost afford the house we bought. :boxing::ph34r:

The other positive was here in australia. We did our first tax returns, what a pleasure!! First of all the whole process can be done online and secondly the money owed to us was paid into our accounts in 7 days. (7 actual days not working days) We filled it in on a Saturday and the money was in our account the next Saturday. I am duly impressed!! :boxing: Our house is also coming along quite nicely. It now has a roof, ceilings and most of the doors and windows have been fitted.

We did our first tax returns, what a pleasure!!

Hi Michelle

Even SARS got it's act together this year with (some) individuals being able to submit their tax returns electronically for the first time!

Also been a pleasure. I got my assessment within 12 calendar days of submission and the refund paid electronically into my bank account 6 days after that.

Regards

Edited by JJV

.. and the money was in our account the next Saturday. I am duly impressed!! :boxing:

Hmmm, and so was ours paid in - also within a week - and that is precisely why my feet are aching tonight - from pounding the malls here, "shopping 'till we were dropping" kinda thing - look, someone's gotta spend it!! I'v come home laden with parcels and reeking like a ... well, reeking of expensive perfume (got waylaid in Myer's) at all the perfume counters! :boxing:

Good to hear you're feeling a bit more positive, Michelle! Its always better to look on the bright side - not always easier, but by far, better! :ph34r:

Hi Michelle,

Glad to see you're seeing the bright side. :boxing: SA is not all bad, and it is just so nice when we have a positive experience, it reminds us of how it used to be.

And those tax returns, Mmmmmm.... we are thinking to put the whole lot towards plane tickets to Sydney to go and see my sister.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Ours are going toward tickets to Brisbane and an verandah... :ilikeit:

Hi Michelle,

Jealous to see what everybody is doing with their tax money......

I want to go back to your positive SA experience.

Being an attorney and a member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces I'm so glad to hear you had a positive experience dealing with them.

Good to no the money we pay for indemnity insurance are actually used for the purpose its supposed to.

Sulona