Does my avatar look funny to you?

Tobold

Question

This post is very similar to one by Gizmo, some time ago. My apologies for rehashing this problem.

I changed my avatar earlier today, from a rather small image of a BMW motorcycle in front of the BMW badge to the crest of Collingwood football club (the Magpies). It appears that, on some pages, my previous avatar is being pulled from a cache somewhere and is still being displayed, but stretched to the larger dimensions of my new avatar, making it look blocky and not very nice at all.

I have cleared out my browser's cache completely, yet sometimes it still appears. Hitting Ctrl+F5 works, but I was hoping that it looks fine to most people. I know, anal, aren't I? If I can worry about this, imagine what the process is doing to me! :lol:

15 answers to this question

It is the least you should be worried about.

I got my IELTS results back and my photo on their is soooooo streched, my face look bigger than Arnold Schwartzenegger's Hummer.

With this block face I look more like I belong in Flinstones. On second thought, I like it, wonder where I can find a face make-over to fit the pic.

Lol Biker!

My IELTS photo looks exactly the same. Fortunately I don't need to submit my IELTS certificate for the medicals, because the doctor will surely fail me on Body Mass Index if he has a look at the photo.

Tobold, I see your previous avatar, out of focus.

This post is very similar to one by Gizmo, some time ago. My apologies for rehashing this problem.

I changed my avatar earlier today, from a rather small image of a BMW motorcycle in front of the BMW badge to the crest of Collingwood football club (the Magpies). It appears that, on some pages, my previous avatar is being pulled from a cache somewhere and is still being displayed, but stretched to the larger dimensions of my new avatar, making it look blocky and not very nice at all.

I have cleared out my browser's cache completely, yet sometimes it still appears. Hitting Ctrl+F5 works, but I was hoping that it looks fine to most people. I know, anal, aren't I? If I can worry about this, imagine what the process is doing to me! :whome:

Looks perfect to me, Tobold! :lol: I can see your new avatar - its proportions = 100%!

All the IELTS photos look like that!! Stretched and squat looking...Definitely look like the Flintstones :cowboy:

zorba

:blush:

My avatar - LICD FTW :lol: hehe

Call it Chewy Love :lol:

If anyone likes online comix, try the following:

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

http://www.lfgcomic.com/

Those are the main three comix I follow every day (ctrlALTdel only updates 3 days a week, and LFG only on mondays and thursdays).

They are all aimed at "gamers", although it should be liked by a few people not in IT.

Anyway, just thought I'd share :)

Regards,

Bead

Guest natalie3

Sies man!...im "european" but there is a limit...

...at least i shave my pits hey..if u must know! :rolleyes:

Edited by natalie3

Hi Tobold

ja - it looks blurry... how many pixels is it?

Leigh

Hi Tobold,

Ctrl+F5 works a treat - your new avatar comes up in perfect view.

Regards -

Pyg.

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

The old avatar was 64x58, while the new one is 131x131, but resized to 80x80 here on the site. The old avatar (in cache) is being stretched to the dimensions of the new one, making it look ugly. :angry:

As Pygmalion says, hitting Ctrl+F5 works to clear the cached copy. I suppose I shouldn't have changed it. "If it ain't broke" and all that.

Lots of funny posts here. I was also surprised by the IELTS result form (both the result and the photo). Like you, Biker, I decided that I preferred that look. Not going to go for the facelift though! :ph34r:

Hey Tobold,

I prefer the BMW one! Where's your loyalty, you're letting the BMs on this side down! (Only joking!)

Cheers

SAS

SAS, I did wonder if I was doing the right thing. :ilikeit:

I know you're just kidding, but I'd like to explain it. I figure it will be best to leave my bike behind, so I need to get used to that. I still have this avatar on one other forum that I spend a lot of time on. I will always love my GS. It is the best bike I have ever owned and I would be loathe to buy any other model, even another BM!

Collingwood football club has become inextricably linked to Australia for me, so I wanted to make their crest my avatar. I suppose this process turns some of us into nutters, but I feel that it's good luck for me. When I was in Melbourne on business in 2006, my counterpart on that side took us to a game at the MCG, Collingwood against Melbourne. It was fascinating and I immediately took to "footie". We became solid friends. He has been out here twice since then. He is a huge Collingwood supporter, sending me information on the Pies every now and then. I watch the AFL highlights show every week, but he fills me in on details I might not see on the show.

Yeah, I sense a tad of sadness about the bike - understand how you feel.

On the positive side, you might find once you are here, you'll want a bike again - never say never!

We're having a long weekend here (Queen's birthday) and we're off from Sydney down the South Coast to Narooma http://www.southcoast.com.au/narooma/index.html . Just hope the weather holds for us!

SAS